SHURE Lenshopper with Lumix GH5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 14th, 2018, 01:58 AM   #1
Major Player

SHURE Lenshopper with Lumix GH5

I have a "SHURE Lenshopper VP83F" mike. Can someone please recommend some optimum settings, both for the mike and the GH5 when used in combination.

I'm interested in recording wildlife sounds over and above those I might get by simply using the GH5 internal mike.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:23 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: SHURE Lenshopper with Lumix GH5

Few (if any) wildlife sounds are recorded from an on-camera microphone. Typically the location that is optimal for the camera is too far away from what you are trying to record. Also, ambient wild sound is typically such low-level that very-low-noise microphones are favored by wildlife recordists.

There are several good videos on YouTube about wildlife sound recording where you can pick up some tips beyond equipment settings. I found dozens of them searching on: wildlife sound recording

When you watch a nature video, the sounds you hear are almost never recorded at the same time as the video you are seeing. Here is a YT video I saw recently that shows "behind the scenes" of creating the sound track for nature video.

Richard Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2018, 04:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: SHURE Lenshopper with Lumix GH5

Remember also there are no "magic settings" which work for everything all the time. You need to pick the appropriate approach for each recording.

Just like the camera dept gives thought to the right approach for each shot, as no shot is treated exactly the same.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio