Rode Stereo Videomic Pro (Rycote) put to the test at Hydroplane Regatta at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 19th, 2018, 08:57 AM   #1
Major Player

Rode Stereo Videomic Pro (Rycote) put to the test at Hydroplane Regatta

I've had the Rode Stereo Videomic Pro (Rycote) for about a year now, but this is the first time I've tested it under such extreme conditions:

The video framing is a bit dodgy in parts, I know. Started off on a tripod, but this was the finals and I had to resort to hand-held to get what shots I could through gaps in the jostling crowds and over bobbing heads. Well happy with the audio results though - really captured the dynamics and sense of being there. The microphone and HF-G30 audio settings are given in the 'More Info' under the video. Used the same (in-camera) manual mic level throughout and applied normalization to the joined clip sequence rather than the individual clips. In this context, 'Peak (Max Amplitude) Normalization' (using Audacity) and 'Loudness Normalization' (using Auphonic) produced very similar results.
Bryan Worsley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio