Wireless Mic Systems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 27th, 2005, 11:14 AM   #1
New Boot

Wireless Mic Systems

I would like to be able to record audio to my camcorder (a GL-2) from two different sources (two people each carrying a wireless mic bodypack). Is this difficult to do? I've looked at Audio-Technica's site at camera-mounted receivers and none seem to be able to simultaneously receive two channels of audio.

Appreciate whatever guidance you guys could give me.

Bob Reed
Bob Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Bob,

This usually requires two wireless receivers, one for each of the wireless transmitters, each on a separate channel.

Since I am not an expert on the GL2, I recommend that you contact one, or call Canon to see if you can record two separate mono signals without purchasing the Canon adapter.

I just read the GL2 manual and could not determine if this can be easily performed. This is easy on the XL1s, but I do not know how to do this on the GL2.
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:48 PM   #3

As Dan intimated, you'll need two separate receivers for two mics.
To input two mono signals to the GL, you just need a stereo to mono splitter, available at any Radio Shack or other electronics store that carries standard adaptors. About 5.00 in most places. Be sure to have some sort of strain relief so you don't have a cable mess hanging on the side of the camera.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio