How to setup wireless lavs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 11th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #1
New Boot

How to setup wireless lavs

Great forum. I was wondering if someone can give some advice on setup. I am using a SD 302 mixer with 2 Senheiser EW500G2/me2 lavs.

The (2) talent will each wear a lapel lavaliere. I will connect through the 302 first instead of going directly into the camera's (XL2) XLR camera input. Should I still camera mount the wirelss receiver via the hot shoe mount? What about the other receiver? where would i mount this? I know line of sight is crucial for reduced dropouts. If I use the mixer and mount the wireless as described, I will need to buy a pretty long XLR to mini cable to hook up the receiver to the mixer.

It will be me and a camera man. Any alternative to camera mounting these?

SM
Silas Marner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 09:23 AM   #2
Trustee

Normally in this situation the receivers are held in special pockets of the same bag that holds the mixer, in a harness on the front of the sound person's body.
If you're just using a strap to hold the mixer, you could rig up various ways to hold the receivers, such as pouches for small digital cameras that have an opening in the top flap for the camera wrist strap to come out. Use that for the antenna. Pouches for cellphones also work. You can attach these to the strap around your neck at chest height.
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio