DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   All Things Audio -- topics from 2002 thru 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/5703-all-things-audio-topics-2002-thru-2004-a.html)

Nathan Gifford March 7th, 2003 11:19 PM

Chances are it will record to both channels without an adapter. However, sometimes I have noticed a little noise on some systems when you do this. Using a mono to stereo adapter would likely cure this problem. In post you can put the audio on both tracks if you like.

Felix Jones March 10th, 2003 07:41 PM

Azden WLX-PRO

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with this wirless lavalier setup? If not any recommendations?

Aaron Koolen March 31st, 2003 08:10 PM

Anyone have any sound files of a Sennheiser Evo100?

Hey all. I have my credit card in my hand almost ready to purchase the Evolution 100 as a lot of people seem to suggest them for the price bracket they are in. One thing though, is that I've never heard one in action, and unlikely to find a place where I can test one first. So I was wondering if anyone has any sound bites they can post where I can download and listen through some good headphones. Anything would help.

Cheers
Aaron

Nathan Gifford April 1st, 2003 11:28 AM

Its in Real if you like:

BikeSouth 2000 Rolls

The mic used was a Shure, but the rest of the gear was an ew112p.

Aaron Koolen April 1st, 2003 04:01 PM

Thanks Nathan, but do you have that sound as an .wav that hasn't gone through the mega compression of realplayer?

Cheers
Aaron

Erik J Na April 16th, 2003 12:57 AM

DV Digital Audio Input

does anyone know how to connect digial audio device to DV camcorder (via either S/PDIF or AES/EBU)?

thanks in advance.

Casey Visco April 16th, 2003 08:48 AM

Erik,
I don't know of any DV camcorders with S/PDIF or AES/EBU jacks on them. Assuming the device in question also has a line level output...this may be the only way to go.

Erik J Na April 16th, 2003 11:10 AM

thx Casey,
I just wanted to feed digi audio from my apogee compact AD converter (Mini ME) which doesn have line level outputs. I used to feed audio directly from either mic preamp or PSX100 AD/DA converter. consumer portable MD recorder does even have digi input. digital audio input port should be added in DV camcorder or at least adapter should be available. just thought. ^-^

Terry Esslinger May 3rd, 2003 08:58 PM

Wireless for PD150

Has anyone used trhe Samson UM32L350. It is supposedly a diversity UHF unit with 32 different switchable channels (maybe you can avoid interferance) I can get it with the Audio-technica MT350 for about $400.00us and has xlr connectors. Would it be better with a Sony ecm44 or a SamsonAT831? Anybody?

The reason I ask is that while I find it offered by B&H I cannot find any mention of it on the Samson web site.

Matt Stahley May 4th, 2003 12:15 AM

Sony 7506 ear pad replacement

Is it possible to replace the earpads on the Sony 7506? I have a pair that are about 9 years old and the pads are wasted.Has anyone done this if its possible?And can you only get the pads from sony? thanks for any info.

Don Berube May 4th, 2003 12:35 AM

Give Coffey Sound a call at (888)293-3030. They can do this for you very affordably.
http://coffeysound.com

- don

Matt Stahley May 4th, 2003 12:52 PM

thanks for the link Don! I will contact them.

Glen Elliott May 5th, 2003 05:15 AM

Oddities with my new DVX100 and Sennheisser ME66/K6

This may not be an odditie at all....I just figured I'd ask. Until now I've been working with a GL-1 with a beachtek xlr adapter to utilize my Sennheisser ME66/K6. Once I got my DVX100 I was happy to ditch the heavy xlr adapter beings it has built in phantom powered xlr connections.

Once I connected the ME66/K6 to the DVX100 I almost immediatly noticed it's sensitivity. I mean that by way of distortion whenever the mic is moved quickly in any direction. Now I'm not talking about windnoise it's actually like a digital fluttering noise. For example, the mic is mounted on a Sennheisser shock-mount so if I, say, tap it with my finger to get it to shake whithin the confines of the rubberband'ish mounts, it produces a digital distortion flutter. I've also found that it mainly does it when the mike is moved quickly on a front to back axis and not side to side.

Granted I know mic movement/shock can cause distortion- thus the whole reason for the "shock-mount" in the first place. However I tested it on my GL-1 and couldn't get it to give me that same digital flutter noise no matter what I did- and with my DVX100 it seems all to often....even with the mic levels at a conservative setting. Heck I even heard it when I taped the tripod it was mounted to.

Does anyone know if this is normal. And if it IS, why doesn't it do it with my GL-1? Thanks!

Matt McConnell May 7th, 2003 08:32 AM

MKE 300 improvement

I read a thread which stated that Sennheiser would upgrade existing MKE 300 microphones for $15 with some sort of damping material. Does anyone know if this damping material is applied to new units? Is there a different part number or some serial number at which they cut in the change? If I purchase a new MKE 300 today, what would I get? and would I have to send it back in to get the upgrade performed?

Jaime Valles May 7th, 2003 01:11 PM

Recording crowd noise???

Hello, all. Quick question: What's the best way for me to record applause and regular croud noise? I'll have a Senheiser ME66 connected to the HHB Portadisc MiniDisc recorder. The crowd will be around 400 people in a school gym. Is there any way to get a decent recording of this with my setup? Or should I just try to foley in a sound effect in post?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks