PreSonus FirePod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 22nd, 2006, 04:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

PreSonus FirePod

I picked up a PreSonus FirePod and could not get the base (FirePod) software drivers installed. I tried on two computers, each one of which has a working firewire port. I carefully followed the installation instructions, and even tried the latest drivers from PreSonus with no luck. Neither computer even recognized that the device was attached and powered up. I tried multiple cables, firewire ports, etc with no success. Anyone have any experience with this device? Does the computer recognize that it is plugged in w/o the software installed (i.e. hear the ding)? I have XPPro with SP2 installed. By the way, the sync light stays steady blue even without the unit connected to the computer.

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 04:50 PM   #2

I had one from a client of ours that I could never get going either. Their tech support wasn't much help, they only responded with email, no phone call support. I finally got the computer to recognize it, but couldn't get audio happening in Vegas, ProTools, or SONAR.
Look in your Control Panel/System/Hardware, and see if it appears there. If it does, then try updating the driver by right clicking. It'll likely want to go out on the web to search, but if you've got the latest driver downloaded, point to that.
Sorry to not be of better help!
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 05:28 PM   #3
New Boot

The light shouldn't be blue when not connected to the computer. Sounds like you have a defective unit. I have three units and havn't had any problems.
Marty Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 12:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

PreSonus FirePod

Called tech support and they said that the blue lite w/o being connected to the computer means it is a deader. Oh well, back to Guitar Center....

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio