Hi MD Mini Disk Users: 3.4 Sonic Stage Great News ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 4th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Hi MD Mini Disk Users: 3.4 Sonic Stage Great News ?

Sony has apparently been listening to its users in the HiMD minidisk format, and has released a new Sonic Stage. One of the biggest benefits I can see for our use is the fact that we can now record through optical imputs, and convert that recorded material directly to .wav. Prior to that, it was only mic imput or line input that could be converted in that way. Other changes involve a relaxation of the DRM software which had been stifling the use of HiMD. Check it out at this forum

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=14137
Old February 5th, 2006, 10:20 PM   #2
Fred Retread

Removal, in this version, of the "one upload limit" for tracks recorded from analog inputs is the biggest deal for me.

Now if I could just get the M100 to stop spitting my recordings into multiple tracks....
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #3
Inner Circle

M100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Retread
Removal, in this version, of the "one upload limit" for tracks recorded from analog inputs is the biggest deal for me.

Now if I could just get the M100 to stop spitting my recordings into multiple tracks....
How is that happening ? I ve never done extremely long records on mine, is it due to length, or pausing or what ? I haven't noticed that as an issue on mine. (I am not located where I can check my model number at the moment)
Old February 6th, 2006, 03:27 PM   #4
Fred Retread

Chris, it didn't do it the first night I had it, where I used it for a show with its own mic. But it did it mercilessly for two subsequent shows when recording from a board no matter what I did. The tracks are random lengths ranging from under 20 seconds to over 20 minutes. I gather they were inserted whenever something related to my feed was muted by the sound guy.
Old February 6th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Retread
Chris, it didn't do it the first night I had it, where I used it for a show with its own mic. But it did it mercilessly for two subsequent shows when recording from a board no matter what I did. The tracks are random lengths ranging from under 20 seconds to over 20 minutes. I gather they were inserted whenever something related to my feed was muted by the sound guy.
Hmm. I know my version will make a new file when there is a pause in recording by optical cable, which supposed to be a benefit when using it to record CDs. But it is not supposed to do that in mic or line in mode. Must be some signal from the feed. I have the MZ-RH10 HiMD
Old February 6th, 2006, 08:01 PM   #6
Fred Retread

I've begun the "process" of discussing it with Sony. Their first response was, of course "please see page 36 in the manual. Turn Time Mark OFF." [Sigh] well, we had to start somewhere....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio