I'm trying to put a complete lavalier kit together at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 15th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #1
Major Player

I'm trying to put a complete lavalier kit together

I've hired a sound guy in the past, (because sound gear is the one thing I don't have). I'm looking to aquire the same gear that he has been using, (or a comparable alternative) because the resulting quality was great.

http://www.kineticproductions.com/audio.html

I know about standard shotgun microphones, boom poles, xrl connections, etc. But what I don't know is about wireless microphones, receivers, wireless headphones (for me to listen in) etc. I was able to find the mixer and bag in that picture, and I have all of the simple things like the shotgun microphone, boom pole, and headphones covered. Now what I'm looking for is the whole wireless side of things. I don't know what a good setup would be to buy to use with the mixer and my Canon XL1s. I only need to lav 2 people. I want it to be good equipment. Don't so much worry about budget. I would like to get the whole sound side of things for less than $2500, but if I need to spend more, I can.
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Major Player

I think the Sennheiser G2 series are your best bet. I've used them and they're great. At B&H, there are several packages available with transmitter and receiver well within your budget.
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #3
Major Player

G2

G2's are very good. Reliable. If you are using two lavs, you probably need a mixer of some sort. I am a little short on what's good in that department.
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 04:25 PM   #4
Major Player

The XL1s can use 2 lavs at a time - just record one in the right channel and one in the left. However, you will need two receivers and two transmitters.
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 02:41 AM   #5
Major Player

Is this the one?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio