M-audio microtrack 24/96 first trial at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 6th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

M-audio microtrack 24/96 first trial

Hi,
I m in BKK to make some interviews.
what 's wrong with my little M-audio, i charge fully 2 days ago and now all power gone?
luckily i did a quick recharge and it works OK.

i wonder if anyone knows about th battery life and how to replace it whne it's dead?
or any USB plug in battery? the charger shows a chart that is rather simple to shoulder a battery with usb jack.

i m happy with sound even in mp3, ask the interviewer to hold the recorder and later i sync manually with a hand clap slate and reult is way better than the on camera mic. the mic is very good ,IMHO.. i m not a sound guy.

everybody think that is a cheap cheap $40 mp3player from no brand china factory. i tend to agree too. many people come to me and ask why u dont use an ipod?then they show off their new ipod.... Avid, may be consider to put ur logo on.
i really like the size and the easy of use interface.

JY
John Yamamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #2
Regular Crew

The battery charge on my M-Audio lasts a long time. I think it has been several weeks since I charged the battery. I have used it down to about 1/2 charge, let it sit for a few days, and the charge has not drained off.

If you are charging it properly, you may have a bad battery. Unfortunately, I believe that the battery has to be replaced at the factory.

I have seen posts on various forums about USB battery packs. I Googled "USB Battery pack" and got a number of replies including do-it-yourself and vendors, including this one:
http://www.bixnet.com/usbbatterybox.html, which is $10. I don't know anything about that company.

Since that may not be feasible in Bangkok, you might try the do-it-yourself approach at:
http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000520028239/

Good luck,
Buddy
Buddy Frazer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio