Can additional Azden WM-Pro trans be added? at

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 19th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #1
Can additional Azden WM-Pro trans be added?

Hello everyone.
I'm new to using wireless mics as my videography never really called for it. I purchased a "set" from B&H called the Azden WM-Pro set which consists of a wireless mic and receiver. It's seems to be an entry-level setup whcih is fine for me. My question is: I need to have 2 mics for 2 seperate people and was wondering can I simply purchase another wireless mic of the same type and would my receiver pick this up? I'm assuming that unless both people speak at the same time- this should work. The transmitter has a single input so splitting the inputs isn't an option unless I use a Y-cable (which I tried and works) but this isn't ideal as I prefer to have both speakers allowed full mobility. Is buying a second identical transmitter (mic) the right way to go? Is this even sold as such?

Steve Nunez-New York City
Steve Nunez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #2
DV Rig Pro
You need another Transmitter/ Receiver set on a different but matching frequancy. The freq. have to match otherwise you will get interfiraces.
check the Azden or Lectrosonic competability charts.

Danny Natovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #3
Inner Circle
Get another receiver and transmitter. Use 2 different frequencies or you'll have interference.
I use 2 receivers and transmitters all the time. 2 different freqs and never a problem.
BTW I also use a Y cable on my JVC5000 (only 1 xlr input) and its worked just fine.
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio