Wireless mic setup for Z1U and Countryman E6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 17th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wireless mic setup for Z1U and Countryman E6

Hey guys...My Pastor and I are looking to do some on location (around town, no power available) shooting. What would be a good wireless setup for us to use. I have looked at the Sony and the Sennheiser. Not sure which is better, or if there is another one that is better. I probably have between $500-$750 to spend. Any thoughts?
http://watersedgefrisco.com
http://vystrcil.com
Scott Vystrcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #2
Fred Retread

The Sennheisers and ATs in that price range are very good. You're unlikely to go wrong. To get better you would have to go with Lectrosonics which would be well outside your budget.

I happen to have the Sennheiser G2 ($499). It's a pleasure to set up and use. It is very compact with a high quality feel. With your budget you have have room to get the set that includes a plug-on transmitter ($599). Then you would have the option of either pinning a lav mic on someone or letting them work with a hand held mic that has been made wireless by the plug on transmitter.
Old July 21st, 2006, 08:36 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Countryman plug

The Countryman mic has what looks to be a mini XLR but with 4 pins. Is there an adapter that I can get to still use this mic with the wireless setups?
http://watersedgefrisco.com
http://vystrcil.com
Scott Vystrcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 09:31 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vystrcil
The Countryman mic has what looks to be a mini XLR but with 4 pins. Is there an adapter that I can get to still use this mic with the wireless setups?
Is this a mic you already own or a mic you're considering purchase? Either way, Countryman has a variety of connectors available to fit various wireless transmitter and XLR. If it's a mic you own, they chenge the connectors for a nominal charge. You can even get and in-line breakway with a couple of different connectors so you can use it with your wireless and then switch to the XLR to used wired to a mixer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio