DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Audio Post (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/76861-audio-post.html)

Zulkifli Yusof October 5th, 2006 05:47 AM

Audio Post

Hey people,

Out of curiosity, what softwares do you use for audio post work? Any reason for choosing a particular software over the other? Post a picture of your set up if you want!

Armand Sonneville October 11th, 2006 04:40 AM

I use Audition as it came with the Adobe Video Bundle. I don't think its the best audio app around but I liked the way everything is integrated in the Adobe bundle. Premiere, After Effects, Encore DVD and Audition work together seemlessly.

I will also be purchasing the Zoom H4, 4 track digital recording device and either the Edirol-FA66 or Personus Inspire 1304 Interface. I also have a Sennheiser ME66\K6 Mic and am planning to purchase a stereo mic and a Lav.

BTW, I've just been in Singapore and bought my Sony A1 there from Expandore, great deal!

Jarrod Whaley October 11th, 2006 01:08 PM

I edit with Vegas, which has better audio handling capabilities than most other NLE's. When I need to make more precise edits to audio, I look to Sound Forge. It's an industry standard and has been for years.

Steve House October 11th, 2006 01:21 PM

For audio specific tools that work well for film and video, Nuendo and Wavelab, both from Steinberg, are gaining a following and winning converts from ProTools which has arguably been the film industry standard for years.

Abe Dolinger October 15th, 2006 09:08 PM

I use Cakewalk SONAR for editing, fading, ADR, and scoring. Adobe Audition, though, has amazing spectral editing features, allowing you to work with specific frequency ranges (and sometimes completely save an otherwise worthless audio track).

Jon Fairhurst October 16th, 2006 01:24 AM

I use Sonar for composing with MIDI, Vegas as a multi-tracker, and SoundForge for grunt-work processing of single tracks (trimming, normalizing, etc). I use Goldwave noise reduction - simply because it was cheap. I'd like to upgrade SoundForge to the latest version and get the noise reduction plug for it.

For sample playback when composing I use GigaStudio 3. Note that Tascam recently released GVI, which plays back samples from a VST. (You can host it in Sonar, ACID, Cubase, Nuendo...) GS3 Orchestra is more of a power user's tool, so I'm sticking with it, but most people are better suited with GVI.

Zulkifli Yusof October 16th, 2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve House
For audio specific tools that work well for film and video, Nuendo and Wavelab, both from Steinberg, are gaining a following and winning converts from ProTools which has arguably been the film industry standard for years.

I believe you're right about that. Pro Tools is very pricey but I'm glad there are other solutions to audio post as well. No one with pics of their set up yet?