Beachtek DXA-8. Any one using it? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 11th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Jones
I use a VX2100 and started off with the DXA-8; it certainly improved the overall audio quality. However, the VX2100 is somewhat renowned for poor audio, so I had Greg Winter do his audio mod - but that then needed a higher level audio signal, so I opted for the SD302. The sound quality now is amazing... well worth the cost. The Sd302 really is a gem of a mixer; extremely versatile...
Rgds, Ross.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ross,

What is the audio mod?

BTW, there is a world of difference between a DX8 and a Sound Devices 302. I have reviewed the MixPre, 302 and 442. Go directly to the 302. I ended up buying a 442. It's probably more than you need, but it will kick your butt...in a good way. :)

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Greg Winter mod for VX2000/2100/PD150/PD170

Ty,
Take a look here: http://www.gregjwinter.com/modification2.htm - Greg does some 'bypass surgery' which then requires +4dB audio in via the VCR phono inputs/outputs (can't remember what the US term for this connector type is..), hence my purchase of the SD302, and my parting with the DXA-8..
The improvement in audio quality really is stunning...
Rgds, Ross.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ross Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Ross,

Holy crap! What a difference! And yes, the Sound Devices mixers are worth every penny.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio