Remove Music From V/o Track? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Remove Music From V/o Track?

Am I able to remove music leaving the Voice Over intact from an imported single audio track from Prem Pro 2. I can remove voice from the music which is simple enough, one click but I really need to change the music for a voice over , and I dont have the original Voice over tapes just the master edit tape!!!!!!!!!

I'll try anything....please help!
Will Aldersley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Major Player

Read Tim O'Brien's post here http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=82947
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks Bill. I did read that after I had posted...the voice remover on Audition 2 is very good...but you see, I want the voice over to remain and the music (synth and beats) removing.....

any solutions for that?
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:57 PM   #4
Major Player

Will,

I think its kind of the same thing. (can't leave the sugar once the cake is baked) LOL

I use Audition 1.5. In basic terms I think the vocal remover, as Tim said, carves out the middle of the pan, and if the voice sits there you will get most of it. don't know if the settings could be reversed, to remove what's left and right of the pan and leave the center. Many times though the drums can be pretty much in the center.

Have you reached out to your VO guy? if he's anything like me he probably still has the orignal files. Other than re-cutting the VO, I think any other solution might be sub-standard.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM   #5
Major Player

just did a quick test in 1.5 using the center channel remover, there was a preset for accapella... worked okay, but distorted the voice and there were pretty obvious remnants of the music. so it left some of the frequencies where the music lived, and took some from the voice where they crossed over.

If you're going to re edit and use the same piece of music for the bed, you might get away with it. But honestly, I wouldn't. If you want a clean voice track, I don't think it will happen.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Yeah I tried that function too. It's not great but I may have to go with that option. Unfortunately the V/O is several different non-professional people so I'll never get them all in to re-record. Nevermind, I'll find a way around it. I have half the raw V/O which I can re edit to the new music. I'll just have to waterdown the sugar in my cake using the Accepella function for the rest...I also noticed you can enhance the voice by 10db which may help. Thanks for taking the time to try and help. I just know the tape will turn up the day after my deadline. These things are sent to test us.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 05:48 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Aldersley
Thanks for taking the time to try and help. I just know the tape will turn up the day after my deadline. These things are sent to test us.
Not a problem it was a fun experiment. and I hear you loud and clear on the tape showing up. LOL!!
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio