Great Price on ME-66 package at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 4th, 2003, 05:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Great Price on ME-66 package

Hi Everyone,

I found a great deal on an ME-66 shotgun microphone kit. Prices beat out B & H by a large margin. Go to www.mvpav.com (MVP Audio & Video) for a closer look.

Here's the comparison:

MVP Audio - Kit Includes:
ME-66/K6 combo
K6C-SM Hard Carrying Case
MZQ200 Mic Stand Adapter
TOTAL COST: $362

B&H:
ME-66/K6 Combo: $379.95
K6C-SM Hard Carrying Case: $27.95
MZQ200 Mic Stand Adapter: $28.50
TOTAL COST: 436.40

MVP is $74.40 cheaper for the same items. Even if you don't care about the Case or the stand adapter, you still get the ME-66/K6 for cheaper and you get the other stuff essentially free.
Noka Aldoroty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 12:52 AM   #2
Trustee

Not such a good deal after all .

Noka
I did a little checking. I own a mE66/K6 and they come with a mic stand adapter that's totally useless for video purposes. The kit comes packed in a cheap black plastic case with the plastic mic adapter. Neither is really worth anything near the amount quoted.
That said MVP's price is $362 with 2nd day air at $34 (14075 Hamburg NY) for a total of 396 plus tax.

B&H is $380 plus $14 for 2nd day for a total of $394 plus tax.

Hardly any difference at all. The lesson here is to check the real value of included components. The site made no mention of their value. And always compare the delivered price as many companies add a packing fee to there shipping charge.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 03:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you for the info

Thanks for your advice. I completely agree that the K6C-SM Hard Carrying Case and the MZQ200 Mic Stand Adapter are very basic no fluff accessories that may not trully be worth the combined $56.45 you'd pay for them if you bought them through B & H, however few would argue if a vendor wanted to throw them in for free. Especially at a price which is cheaper than the mic (sans accessories) would come from B & H.

To anyone curious, shipping on the order was $13.81 from MVP, so my entire order was $375.81 total. There was no tax since the order came from out of state, so that saved a few buck. The order showed up today and it's in great shape. No complaints.

Don't get me wrong, I love B & H and the service they provide, but I thought the decent price at MVP for this particular item was worth noting for everyone.

:)
Noka Aldoroty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #4
Warden

Bryan was trying to tell you that the combo includes the stand and case. You would not have paid any extra at B & H for them. The price was almost the same from either dealer ($362 vs. $380) and in Bryan's case B & H had less expensive shipping.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio