opions on G2's vrs sony UWP-C1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 16th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

opions on G2's vrs sony UWP-C1

ok guys heres the question I need to buy a pair of UHF lavs but cant decide between the Sennheiser evolution G2 100 series $ 600.00 or the Sony UWP
C-1 True Diversity for $ 500.00 including a b&h $50 gift card. I know lots of you guys have personal opions on what would be your favorite but whats the best one for the money ?? or any other in the same price range that mite be a better buy would be great to.
I will basicly be using them for weddings and small production projects of my own. I allready have a Audio-Technica 897 for my boom and I'm pretty sure im going to go with the sony fx-1 with the beachtek adapter thank you sooo much
Chris Sinista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Chris,

Both of these are good performers - the Senn is built beautifully and ever so slightly smaller, the Sony is a "bit plastic" and comes with a cheaper lav. Having said that I eventually chose the Sony because it just worked better (longer reception range and fewer interference problems), but I had to replace the lav with an AKG C 417L - which is very good value for money. I know a lot of people on this forum use the Senn G2's - so they must be happy with them, but on a direct A/B comparison for me the Sony performed better and was slightly cheaper (about the same with the AKG Lav). I have had the Sony for more than 12 months and it has performed flawlessly.

My advice is to do what I did - go down to the store with your camera and try them out and make your own decision, and don't be swayed by brand loyalty (I wasn't as I have several other Senn microphones that I am very happy with).

Hope that this helps,

All the best,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio