Opinions re Nady Wireless at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 6th, 2003, 09:59 AM   #1
Major Player

Opinions re Nady Wireless

I searched the forum and found a few positive comments about Nady Wireless gear. I also talked to a rock band friend who says that nobody he knows uses Nady, despite the company's pioneering role. This probably won't be a surprise - he and most of his buddies use Sennheiser. My friend is also a guy who doesn't hesitate to spend $800 on one (1) ear monitor, a bit beyond my budget.

There is an incredibly inexpensive VHF product from Nady called the Encore Duet. It comes with a receiver unit and two Nady WLT-15 body pack transmitters with lavaliere mics. List: $299. Street: an astounding $190. It would solve my needs in one fell (and cheap) swoop.

My application is speech and nothing but speech in tame surroundings with very short distances.

What do you folks think of Nady gear? Is anyone using the Duet?

Thanks.
Will
Will Fastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2003, 12:21 PM   #2
Warden

Search VHF and you'll get comments on the many drawbacks of VHF. But, hey, it's cheap. Buy it someplace that has a decent return policy if they end up not fitting the bill. I've never had good experiences with VHF, even fairly expensive ones. Interference and dropped signal are the biggest problems I've had. Under the right conditions they might work for you.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #3
Major Player

The majority of work I do will be in residential areas, mostly inside homes. What sort of VHF interference might I expect there?

Meantime I'll search VHF as suggested.
Will Fastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 11:50 AM   #4
Wrangler

Computers for one. Really, as long as you can get a decent return policy, and it works for you, great! You just need to know why so many people have avoided VHF mics.

Generally, you can find a Sennheiser 100 series UHF wireless system for under $500 (probably close to $450).

The reason why some people will spend bigger bucks on a wireless mic is trouble. After fussing around with some budget wireless systems, they just bite the bullet and get a better one.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio