Shure wireless mic system. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 26th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Trustee

Shure wireless mic system.

I borrowed a Shure wireless mic with a ULXP4 Professional Diversity Receiver. It is a battary powered lavalier transmitter to a powered reciever. The receiver plugs into the wall socket and then into the Canon XL-2 via XLR cable. My question is this. Do I need to have the Canon phantom power on? And, if I plug this into the XLR of my Canon do I worry about blowing an internal fuse? I will power every thing off prior to connecting the system. Is this unit safe to plug into a Canon? Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #2
New Boot

You do not need to have the phantom power switched on on the camera. As a matter of fact, it should be off. The only time you use phantom power is when you have a microphone that needs to be powered.

You won't hurt anything on the camera by plugging or unplugging the mic cable between the wireless receiver and the camera. As far as the camera is concerned, it is just a mic (or line) level signal coming in, just as if you had a hardwired microphone hooked up.

Mark
Mark Hislop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:51 AM   #3
Trustee

Mark, thanks, this is just what I needed. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio