Shotgun Mic Help... Thanks! - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 19th, 2003, 10:29 PM   #61
Regular Crew

I just got my Azden SGM-1X. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, but so far I am happy. Honestly, this is my very first exposure to using a shotgun mic but after doing a good deal of research I got pretty much what I expected.

I can tell this mic is not top-of-the line hardware, but it's certainly worth the money and very capable of simple voice interviews, which is all I really need.

Also, no hiss/hum issues to speak of so far. The sound actually seems a bit cleaner than the built-in mic.

Bottom line (in my opinion): A very good mic for $150.
Old November 2nd, 2003, 07:12 PM   #62
Regular Crew

Does the Azden SGM-1X shockmount come off to allow using it with a boom pole that already has a suspension mount? I can't seem to tell from the website. I just got an NRG-568 and it does have a bit of handling noise, even from just jiggling around in the rubberbands of the shockmount, which is aggravated by its heaviness. Not a bad mic, though, no hiss that I've noticed in tele setting, although definitely an increase in gain.

Everyone seems to like the Azden SGM-1X better for its weight and handling noise, though, so I'm seriously considering sending this one back and spending an extra $20 for the Azden.
Old November 3rd, 2003, 03:26 AM   #63
Major Player

Yes it does
Marty Wein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio