DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   SFX used in transitions and wipes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/88646-sfx-used-transitions-wipes.html)

Jiri Fiala March 10th, 2007 05:25 PM

SFX used in transitions and wipes

Hello, I would like to get some sound effects used commonly in video transitions, effects and wipes. That kind of swooshy sounds. I was looking at some sample packs, but didn't find anything. Any tips? Thanks!

Douglas Spotted Eagle March 11th, 2007 09:18 AM

Please do not post "PM me" or "I've sent you a PM" and leave the remainder empty.
Not only does it deprive the community of the answer both now and for future topical searches of the forum, it uses bandwidth unnecessarily.
This is a community, let's all try to share?
If you need to link to a specific product that our sponsors don't offer, link away so that everyone knows where they might learn more about the resource.

Jiri Fiala March 11th, 2007 09:41 AM

I didn't know I clicked something like that... I wrote the topic as always, without any PM stuff. Sorry for that, anyway.

Colin Willsher March 12th, 2007 04:44 AM

No, it was my fault....sorry!

I didn't want to be accused of spamming the forum.

C

Jiri Fiala March 12th, 2007 06:40 AM

So, Colin, can you give me some tips on this kind of sound effects?

Colin Willsher March 12th, 2007 01:33 PM

To create noise sweeps and swooshes like those I pointed you to on the website, select a white noise waveform as a source sample in any synthesizer, a noise generator in your video programme or record one from an audio test disc. Then add a low pass filter and sweep the frequency range upwards over time. Add a long reverb or a delay effect and you're done.

You can experiment with different noise sources, filter types, reverbs, delays, chorus and other effects to generate some variations. Cymbals and other high frequency sounds work well too and you can perhaps play around with pitch-changing the source sounds and also multi-layering your filtered sounds to create more interesting effects with movement between the layers etc.

Lots of fun to be had here if you have a little time.

Good luck,

Colin

Steven Fokkinga March 12th, 2007 03:45 PM

So where's that website? It's ok to post websites here as long as they don't do business in the line of work of the sponsors...

Jiri Fiala March 12th, 2007 06:05 PM

Right, will try with Audacity or similar prog and some synths. Thanks!

Colin Willsher March 13th, 2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Fokkinga (Post 640497)
So where's that website? It's ok to post websites here as long as they don't do business in the line of work of the sponsors...

You can't be too careful...mods do remove if you deem necessary. :o)

The link in my signature will take you to it but this is the link I gave to Jiri which calls up the desired effects in a search...

Punctuation FX

"Hi Flyer" on page 1 was made with a reversed and pitched cymbal as the source.
"Noise Sweep" on page 2 is the original white-noise effect we were discussing.

Cheers

Colin