Wireless into V1P at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 18th, 2007, 07:23 PM   #1
Major Player

Wireless into V1P

I have an Audio Technica Pro88 wireless system and it function perfectly for me as I’m operating here in New Zealand at least 10 k from any living soul. I under-exaggerate, make that 100 k. Well, not always but often. I have been using a Sony FX1 and a Beachtek DXA-6. Now I have a Sony V1P and seems the only audio inputs are XLR; not a bad thing I think! And now I plan to purchase another AT Pro88 set, or is that not a good idea?

So how do I go from two AT Pro88 wireless systems with 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS outputs into my V1P and keep everything hunky-dory? Must there be a ‘mixer’ in my future, and if so suggestions appreciated bearing in mind I’m budget constrained.

Many thanks
John McCully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #2

You need an adapter that will take the mono send from the AT88 and adapt it to XLR. Not a big thing, should be available in your area, or of course you can make one.
You 'll need two, to input two of them into the cam.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:53 AM   #3
Major Player

Douglas Spotted Eagle, how nice to hear from you again. Helpful as always, quickly responsive as always, frank and forthcoming as is your Hallmark, and you do have a way with words…

Seeing myself framing above and below your illustrious self on this board is a totally neat experience that brings smiles and joy, a giggle indeed, to my heart.

Lovely to see you again.

But Douglas, hang on; you just rephrased my question and fed it back.

I know I need a thing that you have identified as an adaptor. Right. Should be available in your area! Dear Fellow, have you any idea where I am? There is nothing here, hardly even people thank the Lord. And as for me making one: forget it. I can barely make more than outrageously absurd meaningless mental conglomerations, so making a device that organizes electrons is totally out of the question. I know not what is a watt not and I’m not about to go down that tortuous road.

I located the Audio Technica distributor for New Zealand. They have ‘similar products’ and the prices are outrageous. I mentioned your name. Didn’t help.

As for the scenery, and the people, especially the people; Kiwis: all sooo beautiful.

Come visit; I first jumped out of an airplane over Queenstown in the South Island. Your cup-of-tea I imagine. Google Queenstown.

Thanks again.
John McCully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:37 AM   #4

Contact Brian and Zotz Digital, they're one of our sponsors here. Hosa makes a 3.5mm to XLR male adapter. You can also google for it.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio