Royalty-Free Music BEST Place? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 8th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Royalty-Free Music BEST Place?

Well, I have been researching for days to try and find the BEST place to obtain some royalty free music for my summer project coming up. I am willing to pay for it, but my Gosh! Some of these sights want 50.00 to use one track for 4 minutes at a time! That really adds up. Some sights offer 10 tracks for 100.00 and you can do whatever you want with it. Thats not too bad, but most of the time, 6 out of 10 tracks I wouldn't use on a dog video. So, without further complaining, I will ask my fellow members Where is a DECENT place to get some good Film Score? Tell me what companies have I missed, who is the best for the money? Thanks! J
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #2
Major Player

I also purchased all 700 plus tracks(about 100 titles arranged differently) from Stock20.com. These are different from your typical orchestral stuff, mostly piano, guitar....180.00 bucks for the whole site. Great deal, and package this with the Hark Music Productions package and you have the orchestral filmscore stuff and good intro and ending stuff for independent films..I am very satisfied.
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #3
Trustee

John try Stock20.com

Great pricing and very good selection.
All original compositions.
Old April 27th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #4
Major Player

I'm looking specifically for a site with plenty of Christian Rock royalty free music for a youth ministry program video. I've found a couple songs on some of the sites listed previously in this thread, but not what I need. Any ideas on a royalty free site with plenty of Christian Rock?

Thanks for the help...
Old April 28th, 2007, 03:37 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Kevin,

I think your best bet might be This page at ProductionTrax.com.

It's not all great, as this site is a bit of a free for all in terms of allowing anyone to upload material but certainly they have this genre well-covered.

Good luck!

Colin

P.S. For anything else check out my own site below :-)
Old April 28th, 2007, 04:47 AM   #6
Major Player

www.musicbakery.com
www.freshmusic.com
www.sounddogs.com (have downloadable individual sound effects too)
www.iamusic.com
www.uniquetracks.com
www.flyinghands.com
www.opuzz.com

I've used some from all of them. They all have many different kinds suited to different tastes, moods, etc. I tend to like these too because they all have download options which I prefer over buying CDs.
Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - RED #114
http://www.coollights.biz
Richard Andrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:52 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Anyone try Digital Juice's backtraxx music libraries? It looks pretty good, quite the selection, over +1000 songs..... http://www.digitaljuice.com/products...p?cid=1&pvid=1
Brian Ladue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #8
Major Player

Revostock has royalty free music for $10 per song. Good selection and a good website for searching and previewing. They also sell video clips in various formats for quite cheap as well.

Here's a couple mmusic examples:

http://www.revostock.com/FileCloseup...html?&ID=15069

or if your more country

http://www.revostock.com/FileCloseup...html?&ID=16648
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Another source of excellent music at reasonable licensing fees is Magnatunes.com
Old February 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #10
Major Player

I've gone through 100s of those songs, and I've found maybe 3, which that are decent. The rest is, yeah... There are no sites out there that have music for sale you would actually hear in a commercial spot, or movie, etc. I'm talking like, music you'd actually wanna hear. Not some "corporate loop synth, zappy weirdness". Haha. That's my frustration speaking. And, I actually electronic music, just not what I've been finding on these sites. It's very frustrating, because I know there are sites out there with good quality music; it's just a matter of finding them. I don't want to settle, and sell my self short and my clients for using low grade music like this. If anybody has had any luck finding some sweet music, please let me know. The dropdrop composer on revostock is by far the best I've found so far. Sorry for the rant, and I apologize if I've offended anybody. I hope I haven't. You guys rock.

-douglas joseph.
Old February 27th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #11
Regular Crew

If you guys are ever doing a bigger production consider getting a blanket license from these guys- Audio Network - Production Music Library

Its $395 but they've got tons of good tracks and you can use as many as you want in one single production.
Old February 27th, 2009, 01:58 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ladue View Post
Anyone try Digital Juice's backtraxx music libraries? It looks pretty good, quite the selection, over +1000 songs..... Digital Juice - The Leader in Royalty Free Professional Animations, Stock Footage, Music, Layered Graphics, Clip Art and Templates
I have quite a few of their stacktraxx libraries, which are the multitrack versions of the backtraxx. I find them to be of better than average quality and work fine for many situations.

I can recommend the Strata Series from Smartsound.

For those familiar with music production, better results can be had when mixing the StackTraxx and/or Strata Series smartsounds with other loop libraries inside Acid or Reaper. This way you can mix and match or eliminate a drum track and replace it with a much better groove, etc.
Ken Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Joseph View Post
I've gone through 100s of those songs, and I've found maybe 3, which that are decent. The rest is, yeah... There are no sites out there that have music for sale you would actually hear in a commercial spot, or movie, etc. I'm talking like, music you'd actually wanna hear. Not some "corporate loop synth, zappy weirdness". Haha. That's my frustration speaking. And, I actually electronic music, just not what I've been finding on these sites. It's very frustrating, because I know there are sites out there with good quality music; it's just a matter of finding them. I don't want to settle, and sell my self short and my clients for using low grade music like this. If anybody has had any luck finding some sweet music, please let me know. The dropdrop composer on revostock is by far the best I've found so far. Sorry for the rant, and I apologize if I've offended anybody. I hope I haven't. You guys rock.

-douglas joseph.
If you want music that you would hear in a commercial spot, go to killertracks.com. My corporate clients like to use their music, and I always find myself hearing the same songs in TV commercials, news shows, etc. I think it has the best music, but it's not royalty free unfortunately, so quality comes at a price.
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #14
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Crosbie View Post
If you want music that you would hear in a commercial spot, go to killertracks.com. My corporate clients like to use their music, and I always find myself hearing the same songs in TV commercials, news shows, etc. I think it has the best music, but it's not royalty free unfortunately, so quality comes at a price.
Just a bit of clarification ... "royalty free" does not mean the music is used for free. It means you don't have to continue to pay on-going royalty payments each time the piece you've used it in is aired or viewed. You pay a single fee to license it and that's it. Compared to non-royalty free where each time the piece is aired, the broadcaster will pay a royalty to BMI or ASCAP, etc, which in turn is then distributed to the copyright owners.
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #15
Major Player

Stock Music - Royalty Free Music with an Edge
not the cheapest guy in town ($30 per track)
but a lot of surprisingly good tracks.

Best

Vasco

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio