Good midi keyboard for orchestra scoring - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 13th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #16
Major Player

I'm a big MOTU fan. I've been using Digital Performer for years. I think it's very solid. Plays nicely with video as well. For a lot of stuff I'll use it as a master to control Live and Reason, that way I can use their sounds and effects in the DP project and use DP for recording the real sounds and mixing.
My keyboard is a Fatar Studiologic. Nothing to write home about but adequate as I'm unspeakably bad as a keyboard player.
Mark OConnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 08:43 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I am settling down with the Mo8 and passing on the S08, I wish i have the money for Motif XS or even the ES90 but the Mo8 would have to do for now.

Anybody has any experience with the following software ??

Spectrasonics atmosphere
East-West Orchestra Gold XP
Stormdrum

I think the later 2 are very useful for simple film scoring and the Spectrasonics is more new age. I am looking for something more orchestra.

Also would the Cubase LE that came with the Mo8 be adequate or should i upgrade ?? Digital Performer or Logic ? When is Logic 8 is supposed to be released ? I am using FCS and I hope we get better integration.
Jason Strongfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I agree! I have been with MOTU since ver 2. I'm at 5.1 right now with all of thier interfaces and I have never had a compliant! Even thier VI are damm good. Motu rocks better with dual procs. blazing with loaded ram!
Old April 17th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #19
Trustee

I'm still using an old Kurzweil PC88mx as a controller, and have to say that if you have the space, 88 keys is great thing.
Digital Performer is a pretty deep app, but great at what it does.
As far as Atmosphere, I like it for sound design elements and layers,
but it won't run on an Intel box for Mac.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio