Canon MA-100 Accessories at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon MA-100 Accessories

Does any one have any idea where I can get an accessory plate for my MA-100 so that I can velcro my wireless receiver to it? Also, my MA-100 came with a used Anton Bauer Bettery thingy (not sure what it is or how to use it any help would be appreciated) and it came with no batteries (so if any one knows where to get them or what model number this thing is I would appreciate it (Canon Xl1S with the MA-100) I can send a pic of it as well...
Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM   #2
Wrangler

Jeff, you can order the back plate directly from Canon. I had to do the same thing when I bought my MA-100 second hand. The Anton Bauer plate mounts to the plate you are missing from the MA-100.

Just be aware, those batteries are way 'trendy' in terms of price. However, there are other companies making equivalent batteries. They are usually referred to as 'gold mount' or '3 stud mount' as opposed to the other major type of battery connection known as 'v-mount'.

Check with our site sponsors like Tapeworks Texas for the necessary batteries and chargers.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I have noticed this adaptor is quite expensive $179.00 at Adaroma, but what is the benifit of having the battery adaptor? I also found the plate, it was screwed on to the back of the Anton Bauer Gold Tip adaptor...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio