How to convey my intentions to the Mixing Guy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 13th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #1
New Boot

How to convey my intentions to the Mixing Guy

I'm working on my first feature and I'm just about done with it. I did all of the editing myself, recorded foley and did some rough ADR. I have premixed the movie so I know how I want everything to be, but I can't seem to strike the correct balance. I also know nothing about EQ. So, of course, I got a guy from craigslist to help out. Mixing Guy is pretty late to the party, seeing as he wasn't involved in the creation of the main edit or the premix. His plan is to start from scratch sort of, using my premix as a reference but working from a version of the final edit without any fades, balance or volume changes. I'm concerned that he won't "get it" and that, seeing as it is a 98-minute movie, he will overlook things I am sensitive to. How can I convey the details of how I want the soundtrack to be mixed without 1. overwhelming him and 2. looking over his shoulder for the entire process?
Allen Riley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio