RedRock Micro DIY at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 1st, 2007, 04:00 AM   #1
Major Player

RedRock Micro DIY

Has anyone got the manual to build the RedRock Micro from Redrock? Im curious how much supplies are. I emailed them and never got a reply. Anyone?
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Loren

Costs for building your own adapter vary with the materials used, but generally you can make one for around $100-150 in materials. I've heard as low as $75 as well.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Brian

www.redrockmicro.com
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hey Loren:

I bought the plans, and it included the spinning ground glass. $50.00. From there, I just used local resources, rather than there list. I used plans as a guide. Got project box from Radio Shack for $6.00. Use Black sewer pipe to make some fittings, and I built support for everything from 3/4 inch aluminum tubing, and some aluminum rods. A lot of trial and error increased expense there. Biggest expense is an achromat. Some use cheap ones, but really need a good one. I bought one from Cinevate for $250.00. Works well. With my cameras (HV20 and FX1) to give better zoom capability, I set camera back about 5 inches, using a piece of black pipe as a spacer.
Old September 4th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanx =) i think ill pick me up one of dem ;)
Old September 17th, 2007, 01:29 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I purchased the Red Rock DIY guide.

It didnt take long for me to decide that I would probably mess it up and waste hours of time on something that would only ever look like a Blue Peter project (because of my poor skills)

So I bought an adaptor from the UK. You can guess which one.

Good luck if you decide to build though. I wouldnt say the guide is for 'beginners' who are not familiar with drawings and diagrams. Very comprehensive though. Lists supplies / product codes of parts in the USA though.
Tim Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 03:59 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Sargent View Post
I purchased the Red Rock DIY guide.

It didnt take long for me to decide that I would probably mess it up and waste hours of time on something that would only ever look like a Blue Peter project (because of my poor skills)

So I bought an adaptor from the UK. You can guess which one.

Good luck if you decide to build though. I wouldnt say the guide is for 'beginners' who are not familiar with drawings and diagrams. Very comprehensive though. Lists supplies / product codes of parts in the USA though.
Hi mate, its nice to see a fellow midlander on the board (im in dudley!).

What adapter did you get mate? I too bought the diy guide, but I have to say the method is a touch crude for my liking. SO I built another vibrating style based on the eos tube method from Daniel of Jetset models.

Its not only looks a million times better, but is also built a million times better, and works exeptionally well.

tbip2001
James Millward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I got the SGpro. Works well and totally transforms my productions.

Yeah, i was careful what I said about the DIY guide - to be blunt, it wasnt helpful, as i'm a total beginner, who isnt very skilled at stuff like that. However, if I have the time I would like to build my own/mod what I have.

Ey, Midlanders! Cool! I notice a fair few on the board are UK based!

regards
Tim Sargent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods