Wide Theatrical Release for Redrock/HVX Combo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 20th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Wide Theatrical Release for Redrock/HVX Combo

Hi Folks,

FYI - October 19th there is a wide release (I'm talking 2,500 theater) of the feature film Sarah Landon and the Paranormal Hour. You can see their site at www.sarahlandon.com

This is the embodiment of the indie filmmaker dream - it's a 35mm print from the HVX/Redrock M2 combination shot with nikon lenses showing on the Big Screen.

Here's a little tidbit from the director:

"I just wanted to say hello and send a little update on the film I directed called "Sarah Landon and the Paranormal Hour." The release date has been moved up a week and is now being released nationwide on October 19th -- just in time for Halloween.

On Monday our TV campaign will begin on a show called The Hills on MTV so if you watch the show stay tuned for the commericals! The film is a PG ghost story mystery and our target audience is 9-16 year olds. Any word of mouth right now would be awesome....so if you have listerves, groups, or anyone that you know who might want to check it out we would greatly appreciate it! Our website is www.sarahlandon.com "

movie poster here:
Attached Thumbnails
Wide Theatrical Release for Redrock/HVX Combo-slposter.jpg  
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #2
Trustee

I'll keep from being too much of a negative nancy, but...if I ever make something like that, I hope I learn a lot. :)
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Brian.

I am unable to download the entire clip in reasonable time but what I have seen certainly justifies your endeavours with the M2 and vindicates a faith the DoP/videographer seems to have had in the system.

There seems to have been a lot of investment in the other production value-adding, dollies aerials etc., which would have been for nought if the imaging had fallen over.

Is it being picked up for Australian distribtution?

Last edited by Bob Hart; September 20th, 2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 05:13 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Bob

Great question, to which I don't know the definitive answer. I suspect it's US release for the moment, and if it's successful (think nancy drew meets x-files) worldwide is always a next step

Cheers

Brian
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:12 AM   #5
Trustee

I was involved in a shoot only recently with the same combination and the images are outstanding, hope the movie is a blockbuster!
Old September 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM   #6
Trustee

I think the visuals look great. There is always room for another paranormal show.
David Delaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods