Sumix 2/3" 1920x1080 CMOS - Page 37 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 31st, 2009, 11:56 AM   #541
Trustee

Eric, Johanes, Daniel et al - so far, what do you think of your Sumix camera.

Would you recommend it as studio head?

I have Zeiss 100mm Macro with Nikon mount - would that be a good sharp lens used via C-Nikon adapter?

How do you record sound?

Do you transcode DNG to Cineform for real-time editing in Premiere Pro?

Thanks!
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #542
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Raskin View Post
Eric, Johanes, Daniel et al - so far, what do you think of your Sumix camera.

Would you recommend it as studio head?

I have Zeiss 100mm Macro with Nikon mount - would that be a good sharp lens used via C-Nikon adapter?

How do you record sound?

Do you transcode DNG to Cineform for real-time editing in Premiere Pro?

Thanks!
Hi, I haven't found a way to convert those sumix raw files to DNG and not even that avi uraw to something that mac FCP can read* (I got bored), so untill I find solution for those, I can't recommend. But I'm mac user and don't know much about PC...(* if I dont count that very poor VLC player convert)

for sound
I have now Sony PCM-D1, but when I'll have time I try to do this kind of system (6ch target). I have already lynx AES card.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/geeks...convertor.html
Johanes Wilenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #543
Luke Miller

.raw

Does anybody have a .raw file for download. I would like a sample file to try and process. Thanks in advance!
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #544
Regular Crew

RAW data from Sumix

If someone has some RAW frame files from Sumix I would be interested in that also.

I have DNG from Acam dII, SI-2K, and Kinor-2K I have been using to develop a new de-Bayer program for my "freeish" uncompressed DI system.

It would be nice to have an option in my menus for Sumix as well, there examples could use some additional color grading, the CC part of my system could clean up the color maybe.

I hope to have my de-Bayer out after April 2010 maybe, its about 60% written for Digital Cinema use.

To get RAW data from the Acam dII files you just skip the 512byte header and read the 12bit packed (two pixels in three bytes) image data for 2048x1092 resolution, there is black on the sides since it is only about 1920x1092 image.

Dan Hudgins
tempnulbox [at] yahoo [dot] com
The official DANCAD3D (tm) Beta Test Web site.
Dan Hudgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:52 AM   #545
Regular Crew

de-Bayer for Digital Cinema cameras.

I am still working on my de-Bayer program for Digital Cinema use.

Its about 80% done, so I may post it this summer.

I am working on DPX support now so it should be able to convert true RAW sensor data to DNG or DPX, as well as TIF and BMP and a few other file types with color correction.

I made some changes to my "freeish" DI/CC/NLE/MIX program so that the CC control screens can be used on computers runing Windows XP Home (tm) that have problems with the higher resolution SVGA modes, it can not be used in "Safe mode" 640x480 when the other modes do not work, so it is at least usable, you can still process 6K+ TIF frames, its just the preview that is limited on some computers. Its up for download at my web site.

If anyone have true RAW sensor data and would like their Digital Cinema camera supported you can contact me by email and I can look into adding an option for your camera in my setup menus.

Dan Hudgins
tempnulbox [at] yahoo [dot] com
The official DANCAD3D (tm) Beta Test Web site.
San Francisco, CA USA
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM   #546
Regular Crew

Re: Sumix 2/3" 1920x1080 CMOS

Someone saw my post and sent me a SUMIX *.RAW file for testing, and I added some support in the de-Bayer program I am working on, but the sample file had the in camera processing ON which prevents getting good results and my making a calibrated preset for the color correction.

If someone can send another *.RAW file please do these things:

1) White balance, disabled.

2) Median noise filter, disabled.

3) 12bit uncompressed format.

4) Gamma correction, disable.

5) RAW size 4GB or less.

In other words, only the sensor data in the file, no processing at all.

My email is in my previous posts here...

Last edited by Dan Hudgins; April 2nd, 2011 at 03:04 AM.
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:53 AM   #547
Regular Crew

Re: Sumix 2/3" 1920x1080 CMOS

I added some SUMIX "RAW" 12bit support to the de-Bayer program I am working on, but so far I have not gotten any real True RAW data without the gamma correction, white balance, and noise reduction. So I am still waiting on that to see what the data really looks like. I asked someone at SUMIX (tm) for shots of 90% White, 18% Gray and 2% black cards and some colored subjects such as an orange to set the saturation and ISO curve with, but they did not reply to that request.

Another issues, is how easy is it to fit a good OLPF+IR/UV cut filter to the Sumix camera, all I have seen on their web site is a simple IR filter, but an OLPF is needed to reduce chroma moire and aliasing, so I am not clear why they might not have addressed that issue?
Dan Hudgins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods