Letus Extreme Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 11th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #1
New Boot

Letus Extreme Footage

I went out today to take a test drive with my Canon XH A1 and the Letus Extreme and this is what I got .. what settings should I have used? what about the Vignetting How do I fix that ? and could anyone help me with the proper set up for the adapter period? meaning where do I set the zoom and focus on the Canon? I know I sound silly but I am new to this whole thing...

Thanks for any help

Miguel

http://www.shadoahstudio.com/movie/t...reme_small.mov

Canon XH-A1 Letus Extreme nikon 50mm 1.4
Miguel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Miguel- don't have the extreme, just a 35a, and your stuff is very nice compared to it.

Biggest issues in set up of 35mm adapters is zooming so you eliminate darkening at the corners, but are still able to focus the video camera lens on the ground glass. On some set ups, there isn't much room to work. I notice some edge darkening on the first and last scenes.

Very nice work on showing the capabilities of the adapter !!!
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks Chris, am I getting this right? all I have to do is zoom a bit more to get the edges right? what about the focus on the Camera is that all done on the fly?

Thanks

Miguel
Miguel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Just zoom a bit more to eliminate the edge issues. With my little HV20, if I zoom too much, I lose the ability to focus the camera lens as I zoom- that is not good, or course. I am not sure if you have same issue with A1, but you just have to fiddle and adjust to get it right. With the HV20, I turn on autofocus to get the camera end focus close, then I turn it t manual, and set it further, and then, once maximum focus on the ground glass is achieved don't touch it after that. All focusing then is done with the 35mm lens- unless of course you bump the camera's focus out...

By the way, some lenses just have vignetting no matter how much you zoom, but I have that Nikon 1.4, and think that one is not going to be a problem on that level.
Old November 11th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks Again

Thanks Chris Ill try everything you mentioned out and post again in a few days

Miguel
Miguel Torres is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods