DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   New Letus35 Mini Released!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/109264-new-letus35-mini-released.html)

Hien Le December 1st, 2007 02:47 AM

New Letus35 Mini Released!!!

The Letus35 team, Quyen, Hien and Aaron, are proud to announce the first adapter designed specifically for smaller cameras, the Letus35 Mini. This new adapter features the same quality as the Letus35 Extreme in a small form factor package. Weighing in at 1lb 9oz, this little adapter is perfect for cameras such as the Canon HV20. Those with smaller cameras will appreciate the ease of use. This is a great "travel sized" adapter. If you want a smaller, lighter adapter without sacrificing quality, check out the new Letus35 Mini.

The Letus35 Mini accepts all of the same lens mounts as the Letus35 Extreme. It comes with either 37mm or 42mm thread rings, to fit a variety of smaller cameras. For more information, please visit our product page.

These are in stock now, and will ship in 3-5 days to those who order early.

Thank you all for your kind support and feedback. We hope you enjoy the newest member of the Letus35 adapter family.

Henry Olonga December 1st, 2007 08:27 AM

Just purchased the Mini - can't wait

Hey guys - Quyen, Hien and Aaron - the Letus team.You wouldn't believe but I was just doing some searching for such a product so hats off for a great looking product.I have a Sony HC7 and I am hoping this will be a good marriage.I just ordered it from your website but messed up the address so I have sent a few e-mails to to rectify it and updated my profile so please do ship to the correct full address.Thanks again and hope to give great feedback when I get to play with it.
Henry

Ethan Cooper December 1st, 2007 12:43 PM

I know this thing is designed for smaller cameras, but is it possible to use it on say and FX7? I like the idea of a smaller and lighter adaptor, but would also like to be able to use it on a slightly larger camera as well.

Min Lee December 1st, 2007 02:28 PM

Any specs on the size, particularly length, compared to the extreme? It's be awesome to see a pic of the two side by side. Thanks.

Nevermind, saw the pic over at dvxusers. Length would still be good.

Ethan Cooper December 12th, 2007 10:56 PM

Anybody with some info about this thing working with larger cameras like the V1u, XHA1? I'd love to know if it would.

Phil Bloom December 13th, 2007 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper (Post 791527)
Anybody with some info about this thing working with larger cameras like the V1u, XHA1? I'd love to know if it would.

It won't work unfortunately.

Noah Yuan-Vogel December 13th, 2007 03:52 PM

how do you know it will not work? i mean what would technically be different that would not allow a camera with a large filter threads to work with this with this with a step down adapter? would there necessarily be vignetting? even zooomed in? personally i find the small size and light weight more appealing, even for a larger camera

Ethan Cooper December 13th, 2007 06:58 PM

I'm not one to question Phill, I mean he seems to know his stuff, but can someone explain why it wouldn't work.
I too would buy one of these little guys in a heartbeat if I could make it work well with a larger camera. I use a FX7 and would like to get a HV20 as a backup camera and the small, light weight adaptor is right up my alley.

Phil Bloom December 22nd, 2007 08:25 AM

It will vignette very badly and more than likely not be able to zoom in on the ground glass.

Has anyone posted any footage yet? I am getting one for my HV20. I am very interested to see how well it works.

Herbie Pabst December 26th, 2007 04:35 PM

Sony HC-1 and Letus35 Mini

Just got my letus35 mini and set it up on rails with a Sony HC-1. Have not shot any footage yet but will as soon as I can. Here's a link to a picture of my setup.

http://www.pabstfilms.com/pics/hc1-letus35mini.jpg

Phil Bloom December 27th, 2007 07:23 PM

i have done some initial tests on my blog, and will do some more considerate filming at the weekend

Herbie Pabst December 27th, 2007 07:33 PM

Letus35 Mini and HC-1 clip

Here is a link to my first test of the Mini with my HC1. Did not go for the rack focus this time. I was more interested in how it worked in low light. It had low light noise (HC1) I used some Chroma Noise Reduction. Also converted to 24p. Time was about 15 minutes before dark.

http://www.pabstfilms.com/clips/letu...-hc1-test1.mov

Phil Bloom December 28th, 2007 02:18 AM

What are you initial thoughts and impressions?

Toenis Liivamaegi December 28th, 2007 02:02 PM

Hi there, I`ve had mine since 23th and I must say that It isn`t usable with 17mm 3.5 as it vignettes really-really bad other than that is seems as described but how on earth should one open the battery door without a knife or something...
... the vibration resonates with my SOLO VJ legs on wooden floors so I get 10-12db of constant hum but maybe I can fix that in post.

I also converted my HV to take batteries from H1 and A1 so I can top load 4 hour batteries without unscrewing the cam from rails mount for example.

Cheers,
T

Phil Bloom December 28th, 2007 02:04 PM

how did you adapt the batteries?