Comercial shoot with Letus 35, tell me what you think... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 13th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #1
Major Player

Comercial shoot with Letus 35, tell me what you think...

I shot this about a month ago... tell me what you guys think...

www.newyorkfilmstudios.com/ozzytestone1.mov

most shot with a nikon 50mm 1.4 wide open at the studio, and at 2.0 for the house stuff. Lighting was 2 500w and 2 100w spots with some diffusion.

The insert shots of the buttons being pushed was with a 28 - 80 at 80mm to get a macro focus on the button.

the whole shoot was in one day, and all of the recording studio footage was shot under 2 hours including setup (it was a rush) This was shot at the lovely Cove City Sound Studios out on long island new york. Ritchie was a pal letting us book the place at 12am -2am for the shoot.

(edit) this was shot in 1080p 24 by the way (edit)
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #2
Major Player

Looks cool. The picture's motion seemed very blurry -- I'd recommend turning up the shutter speed. That's really my only complaint. Otherwise it looks pretty cool!
Old December 14th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Plug In...

What plug in did you use for the shaky footage at the end? I loved that part.

Peace and Blessings,

Hidalgo
Danny Hidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2007, 03:41 AM   #4
Trustee

looks great. My only comment would be it felt too long and a short voice over would have been better than the girl talking at the end. But that's not a comment on how it was shot, which was great. Especially with time constraints.

Which camera?
Old December 15th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Hidalgo View Post
What plug in did you use for the shaky footage at the end? I loved that part.

Peace and Blessings,

Hidalgo
Its a "shake" plugin, i think thats what its called... i didnt edit this so unfortunately i couldnt tell you for sure :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom View Post
looks great. My only comment would be it felt too long and a short voice over would have been better than the girl talking at the end. But that's not a comment on how it was shot, which was great. Especially with time constraints.

Which camera?
Thanks, yeah when it was story boarded there were many more shots that just got cut due to time, this was an online campaign for auction network.com So it allowed us to go over the normal commercial time and they loved it. I personally am unhappy with the way the ending was done, i had envisioned something different. I wanted better sound too but when you are working with other "unprofessional" people you tend to find yourself trying to explain why you need everything better, and they just dont get it.

All and all im happy with the way all the studio footage came out, considering it was hell lighting that place and we only had 2 hours including setup, it sure was fun though!
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods