Letus Extreme at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 23rd, 2007, 09:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Letus Extreme

When attached to EX1, can any 35mm lens be attached (canon 50 1.4, 85 f1.8 300f4 600f4. ) If so, are they 1/1 or can there be a multiplier factor? How about image quality? It would be really neat to isolate wildlife.

thanks
Jack Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Major Player

When you purchace the Letus35 Extreme you choose a lens mount you want (Canon FD, Canon EF, Nikon..). You can buy a few mounts and they're easy to change. This way you can use a wide variety of different brand lenses.

The quality is dependant on the lens you have. So if you have a good telephoto lens it will look good.

Im not sure what you mean by the multiplier factor but if you mean is 50mm the same field of view as photography 50mm yes it is. Although you can zoom on the ground glass somewhat so in essense you can go even more tele than the lens would allow.

Sami
Sami Sanpakkila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2007, 10:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Do you retain any functions of the attached lens - auto focus, iris, image stabilizer, or does the attached lens become fully manual with the iris wide open?
Jack Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Major Player

You loose all autofunctions of the lenses you attach to the Letus. The Letus doesnt have any electronics to control the lens you attach to it. So automatic only lenses dont fit the 35mm adapters. You can (and must) manually choose iris and focus.

If your lens has a built-in image stabilizer... I dont know about this one. But using the image stabilizer of my sony handycam with the Extreme doesnt look very good. At the end of a pan/tilt the IS tries to correct. (Has something to do with the vibrating ground glass maybe.) I keep IS turned off on my camera.

Sami
Sami Sanpakkila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Regular Crew

No auto functions

The letus does not have a powered connection to the lens. If you try using anything that has servo motors for the iris, focus or zoom that cannot be overridden manually, you will have no image. When the servo shuts down, especially on the iris, there is no picture, the iris will remain closed completely.

I hope this explains it alittle more...
Casey Krugman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods