Letus Economy & HV20 rig at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Letus Economy & HV20 rig

Hi all,

This is my new Letus Economy and Canon HV20 rig

demo footage coming soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Letus Economy & HV20 rig-letus_economy_battafilm_rig.jpg  
Pond5 – the world’s first web-based stock footage marketplace –
Robert Batta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Inner Circle

That is one cruelbad but effective positive retention system you have there with that hose clip.

Longterm, I would would move it back over the flip enclosure directly above the support pillar as you are presently imposing a downward bending stress on the front tube to flip enclosure shoulder junction and upwards on the rear shoulder junction and the camera itself.

Over time this will stretch the screwholes and possibly tear them through if you happen to give the appliance a good clout during agile work or in transport.

Last edited by Bob Hart; January 12th, 2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: added text
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Bob,

You right, thanks..

my problem is a tripod mount balance (see the picture).. but i ordered a cavision balance bracket and now everythings OK :)
Attached Thumbnails
Letus Economy & HV20 rig-kicsi_letus_economy_battafilm_rigv02.jpg  
Pond5 – the world’s first web-based stock footage marketplace –
Robert Batta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Major Player

You've got it mounted upside in the first pic, does this make the image the camera sees from the adapter upside down again? Or does the image record looks the same whether you've the slr lens mounted above or below the camera?

I ask because I'm looking to get an economy and want to mount it the way you do in your first pic, or sideways maybe so the camera and the slr lens are fairly flush.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:25 PM   #5
Inner Circle

The effect of right-angle prisms or mirror pairs in opposition is that the image remains upright whichever way the thing is oriented around the optical centre axes.

Rotate one porroprism/mirror pair relative to another and the image will spin twice from upright to uspide-down through one complete rotation, - fascinating stuff to keep the kid in you amused for hours.

Please don't pull your Letus35 to pieces to try it though as it is a similar though slightly different arrangement and all you will end up with is a kit of parts.

Provided the internal path is wide enough that there is no vignetting or edge masking you can lay it sideways if you wish. From recollection, the mirror path inside the Letus35 is fairly generous so you may get away with it.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods