Letus Extreme Questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 16th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Letus Extreme Questions

With the new EX1 adapter kit, I'm thinking of getting a Letus 35 Extreme. A couple of questions:

1. Are the rod supports necessary, and if so, which configuration works best with the EX1?

2. I own no lenses and have heard that the Canon FD are the most economical (to buy used). On a tight budget, what one lens would be a good starter?

Thanks.
Rob Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Major Player

1. I would say rods are definately necessary. I have Cinevate rods which are good in my opinion.

2. If you do decide to go with Canon FD get a 50mm f1.4. Those are pretty cheap on ebay and really good.

Sami
Sami Sanpakkila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #3
Trustee

Nikon is also a very good way to go as there are many lenses available. I don't know much about Canon. Most people have gone w/Nikon.

There were some issues about difficulty setting manual exposure on Canon auto lenses, but its just hearsay from me I don't really know.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #4

All the Canon FD lenses are a very good value and all have manual aperture rings. The Nikon lenses, while good, are much higher priced for used lenses. I have a complete set of FD lenses and they are optically, very nice.

The Canon EF lenses are all electronic and have no aperture adjustment. The aperture must be set with a camera body before use on the Letus.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Canon lenses

I used to have a S16mm film camera with an Angenieux lens I paid $3k for on it. I got a cheap adapter and began putting my old Canon FD lenses on it. You would not believe the difference!! The images were suddenly three dimensional and full of color. I love the Canon FD 50mm 1.4 and can't wait to get a Letus Extreme to see what all my old Canon lenses look like with the EX1.
Steven D. Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods