New doco filmed on EX1 and Letus Extreme at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 7th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #1
Trustee

New doco filmed on EX1 and Letus Extreme

I started filming the project with the working title "Nightshift" in LA this week.

Shooting on 2 ex1s. One with a Letus X on and one without.

Go to my blog to read about my problems and successes and see some screen grabs.
Old March 8th, 2008, 04:32 AM   #2
New Boot

Phil, I generally find your stuff really interesting, but I just went for a root around in your blog, and individual pages are taking so long to load that I gave up after looking at very little of what there is to see.

It might be my slow connection, but I can't recall having this problem on any other site I visit regularly. Have you considered inserting links to your clips rather than embedding them in the page?

Last edited by Henry Dale; March 8th, 2008 at 04:34 AM. Reason: removed redundant and repetitive wordage
Henry Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Trustee

no idea what you problem is Henry. Nobody else has reported a problem and I certainly don't have one.

I won't put links on. Presentation is key. They load super fast for me.
Old March 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #4
Major Player

For what its worth, it intermittently fails for me as well. Could be an Iweb/Windows/IE thing with the QT's. Sometimes it will load and play, sometimes a fail to execute error. Love the content when visible though!

Last edited by Randy Strome; March 8th, 2008 at 05:40 PM.
Randy Strome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #5
Major Player

Bloom, hope it was worth it if you did, in fact, get married in Vegas last night. I mean it didn't work out well for Britney, but you may have better luck!
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #6
Trustee

it's just been annulled!
Old March 8th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #7
Regular Crew

you ought to consider posting links to the work referenced in the thread title and save us all a few clicks!

this stuff is gorgeous, hopefully we'll be able to check the doco out upon completion. if you need a 2nd ex1/lex combo for whatever reason in nyc just let me know~
Adam Ginsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:11 AM   #8
Trustee

Adam,

C'mon think of the exercise! A few extra clicks never hurt anyone!
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:38 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Phil,

As you know, I'm seriously considering the Letus for my EX1 - were it not for your marvellous stuff, I probably wold not.

One question returns, though; let me put it in a somewhat provocative way:

I never used 35mm adaptors with my 1/3", or even 1/4" inch cameras. I bought the (not cheap) EX1 because its 1/2" imagers were supposed to give me shallower DOF. And since the better is any enemy of the good, now I'm going to spend even more to put the Letus on it!

Now, how much economically justified is this? Please, give me ONE reason for the EX1/Letus combo picture being better (and worth this extra money) than say my old, good V1E with Letus! Of course, the codec quality aside as this is quite another matter (and can be resolved by recording 10 bit 4:2:2 from any of the two); just from the "optical" point of view...Heck, I guess that with some 35mm lense + letus, the difference between the EX1's 1920 and the V1's 1440 is no more important, either!
Old March 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom View Post
no idea what you problem is Henry. Nobody else has reported a problem and I certainly don't have one.

I won't put links on. Presentation is key. They load super fast for me.
I'd have to agree with Henry... your blogpages do often load slowly here too. However, just now it was ok.

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:14 PM   #11
Major Player

I generally don't have problems with Phil's website (I am also a fan). There is a bunch of javascript used on the new pages, so those with problems might want to make sure their browser is up to the task. Browsers still vary a great deal in their javascript support.
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods