"Sunday Woods" - Nature short, EX1 + Letus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

"Sunday Woods" - Nature short, EX1 + Letus

Another beautiful day. Went to the woods again today. This time with the Letus35 Extreme. Most shots are with a Nikkor 50mm F1.4. Graded with Magic Bullet. Please post comments on how it looks on your screen. I’m suspicious that my Dell 24″ has too much saturation. Everything except the interval recorded shots are shot in 720p. Used 1080p to get the extra pan&scan pixels on the interval shots.

Comments and critics are well appreciated.

http://skifilm.info/oyvind/sunday_woods_720p_h264.mov

www.oyvindstokkan.no
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Trustee

Looked very good. You have a nice collection of some very well composed scenes. By chance are you also a still photographer? Each camera angle looked very well thought out and photogenic. Interesting choice of music. Also, visited your website. It is well laid out and you have some great videos posted.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Beautiful images, really brings the ex1 to life. I love the saturation and the composition is very filmic, many shots make me feel as though im halfway through a movie.
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Major Player

wouldn't load for me, how big was this file
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #5
Regular Crew

83.9 MB. QT H264 4mbit. Should load in QT7.4
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #6
New Boot

Very beautiful; almost Asia- cinema style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyvind Stokkan View Post
Please post comments on how it looks on your screen. I’m suspicious that my Dell 24″ has too much saturation. Everything except the interval recorded shots are shot in 720p. Used 1080p to get the extra pan&scan pixels on the interval shots.

Your video looks very good on my screen, both Apple MBP 15" and on main screen, EIZO ColorEdge CG241W LCD (Spyder3 calibration). Beautiful naturel colors, very much almost "mood creation."

My humbel opinion (not critic): At one time, repeating scene style was noticed: slow pan down, fast cut to next scene, slow pan down, cut to next scene, etc etc etc. Perhaps more variation camera moves in scenes makes less noticed; also I (personal opinion) like nice cross dissolves between nature scenes, but see you have timed cuts to music chording. All very good, and much better than me.

Composition is much like good cinematography in high-style Asia films, as "Crouching Tiger" & "Hero"

I very much enjoyed and wish very much to take my (new) EX1 also to the woods.

Regards,
Zan Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:36 PM   #7
New Boot

Very beautiful; almost Asia- cinema style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyvind Stokkan View Post
Please post comments on how it looks on your screen. I’m suspicious that my Dell 24″ has too much saturation. Everything except the interval recorded shots are shot in 720p. Used 1080p to get the extra pan&scan pixels on the interval shots.

Your video looks very good on my screen, both Apple MBP 15" and on main screen, EIZO ColorEdge CG241W LCD (Spyder3 calibration). Beautiful naturel colors, very much almost "mood creation."

My humbel opinion (not critic): At one time, repeating scene style was noticed: slow pan down, fast cut to next scene, slow pan down, cut to next scene, etc etc etc. Perhaps more variation camera moves in scenes makes less noticed; also I (personal opinion) like nice cross dissolves between nature scenes, but see you have timed cuts to music chording. All very good, and much better than me.

Composition is much like good cinematography in high-style Asia films, as "Crouching Tiger" & "Hero"

I very much enjoyed and wish very much to take my (new) EX1 also to the woods.

Regards,
Zan Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Shin View Post
At one time, repeating scene style was noticed: slow pan down, fast cut to next scene, slow pan down, cut to next scene, etc etc etc. Perhaps more variation camera moves in scenes makes less noticed; Regards,
Agree,
other than that - beautiful shots, very nice color, thanks for sharing,
:-)
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:25 AM   #9
New Boot

I really enjoyed that. Nice composition and colors.

This was only the second piece of video footage I've seen from the PMW-EX1 and was very impressed.

Nice work.

Cory
Cory Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods