DIY portable HDMI recorder for under $1000!? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 26th, 2008, 04:18 AM   #16
Major Player

Any progress on this ?
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM   #17
Major Player

macmini pci-e x1 expansion

It seems that the mini can be expanded to take a pci-e x1 card

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=297040
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:11 AM   #18
Regular Crew

This has been very well documented in posts by Richard. This is adapter that he is using. It is very hard to get this adapter because adexelec dont sell them (If they didnt change their policy..).
Igor Babic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #19
Major Player

Hi Terence. Did your solution work ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence Krueger View Post
im going to bring this back from the dead.

i have been working on a notebook intensity solution for a while, mostly focusing around and external box via expresscard but there were many issues with that. now ive finally thought of something that will work. it would be doable for the advanced do it yourselfer, but i plan on offering predone systems as well on a one at a time basis if theres a demand.

you guys are on the right track with that converter the principle is basically the same as mine. my target is to use the flexi version of the converter to route an empty mini slot of a 12" core 2 duo 2.5ghz tablet pc into the cdrom bay where an intensity will be housed. a tap from a USB port 5v power to a 5-12v up converter powers the card. a hand made aluminium bracket holds the intensity in place in the dvd bay.

you lose the cdrom bay, and you have to dissasemble the notebook significantly to route the cable, but it should work perfectly. this tablet has 2 minicard slots, so it wont interfere with the wifi card.

this notebook also has an expresscard slot available to run an external 5 drive raid 0 array giving the option of uncompressed, BM codec, or cineform neoHD. im working on a battery powered 2.5" raid box as well better portability than a 3.5" 5 bay case but i dont expect to get that done soon.

being a small tablet, its ideal for shoving in a backpack, on a desk, or mounted to the camera rig itself.

heres the tablet i will use: Experience best online gaming laptops. Custom built powerful graphics notebooks. 1220. its about $1500 fully decked out.

this will work with many newer notebooks, as well as the a-open mp965 mini pc, the one ive chosen seems to have the best blend of size, power, features and price at the moment.

anyhow, feel free to steal my idea :) i wont be able to get mine going til later in may, so if one of you guys manages something quicker, id like to see it running.
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods