Letus Extreme Nikon Mount Attachment? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 7th, 2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Letus Extreme Nikon Mount Attachment?

I just got my Letus Extreme today and can't figure out how to attach the Nikon lens mount to the actual adapter. I previously owned a Flip Enhanced and the mount was already attached.

I tried putting it on and twisting, etc. and it doesn't seem to want to lock in place. No threads, etc. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Blake
Old April 7th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Guesswork follows :-

Around rim of front of Letus housing should be three screws on approx 120 degree radial centres. The shoulder of the mount slides into the front of housing.

Backfocus is set by positioning the lens mount shoulder forward or back in the housing.

The mount is secured by tightening all three screws into compression against the shoulder.

From front-on view, the mount should be rotated until the little latchpin is at the 3:15 o'clock position.

The Nikon lens is offered up to the mount with the latching latchpin groove at about the 3:22 o'clock position and turned anti-clockwise until it latches.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info! I actually called Hien at Letus to ask him. I didn't see the tiny wrench that was included to tighten down the screws. It all seems to be good now!
Old April 7th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hart View Post
Guesswork follows :-

Bob, you're a crackup. I always love following your highly technical explanations...... another nice job...
Old April 8th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Chris.

I was once told I was an inveterant pedant. Did not know at the time what it meant but it sure as hell had nothing with the flattering fulfillment of skintight blue jeans that's for sure. But humble was not an attribute either.

When I finally bothered to learn what the wordstuff was about, it was too late to change my ways. So there it is, senile nosewhiskers and all.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods