Rod Suppot System for the Letus Extreme. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 30th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rod Suppot System for the Letus Extreme.

Hi,

I’m in the process of buying a Letus Extreme (not from Letus, need it quite urgent) for a Sony EX1, the kit I’m looking at getting comes with everything but the support system, although it does come with the support bracket, which is listed on the Letus website for $49.

Can someone advise on what else I'll need to makes up the complete system? As per the 30cm + 15cm Complete System on the Letus site @ $429. Bearing in mind, the kit I’m buying includes the support bracket. I’m looking for a good alternative (not the Zacuto) that is relatively priced, as I need it quite urgently.

Thanks in advance,

Simon
Simon Frances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Major Player

Allow me to shamelessly plug our new "Proteus" rails system. It's available in 45 and 60cm flavours.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Dennis,

Thanks, but I want to be able to buy in the UK? I would also like to get a system by this weekend.

Thanks

Simon
Simon Frances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Are there 35mm adapter resellers in the UK now or are you buying it from a private party?

I would think you could get Cavision stuff but Dennis' rails are much, much nicer. Letus' rail system is really nice as well.

I prefer the "snorkel up" option on the Letus which is how Zacuto has it configured - partially because I have a set of Redrock Micro rails and couldn't raise the platform at the time.

With rails, you may want to consider some sort of shoulder mount option if you're looking at any handheld work, handgrips at the least.

Then you've got the other stuff. Nice to have but not crucial - Mattebox, filters, follow-focus.

Again - knowing Letus, RedRock and Zacuto are in the US and Brevis in Canada, not sure what your options are for urgent delivery to the UK.

cheno
Michael Chenoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 02:42 AM   #5
Major Player

Our standard ship method is Fedex Express International, so it would take 2-3 business days to the UK :-)
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods