achromat war at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 1st, 2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

achromat war

how does sgpro achromat compete against brevis's?

i've been a user of brevis and i've seen some CA aberration when using their achromat? is there anything better for brevis?
Biel Bestue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #2
Major Player

Yes, our optical flip array! The flip system transforms cameras like the XH-A1 into incredibly clean cameras and is certainly well regarded by our customers in terms of edge to edge sharpness too :-) Our video university series has a segment showing a test of the flipped Brevis with respect to CA...definitely some interesting results there.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Dennis i was thinking on getting a more bigger achromat (actually i don't know if they exist, i've havn't searched yet) since the midle is sharp, maybe i can have a bigger one and only use the middle, and then put a stepdown to 72 and use the cinevate spacer, do you think this can be achived that way?

Last edited by Biel Bestue; June 18th, 2008 at 02:35 AM.
Biel Bestue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Would the Canon 77mm 500D or 250D work? I actually have a 500D sitting in my drawer and will try it the next time I use my RedRock M2, but given that it has a fixed focal distance of 500mm (50cm or about 20") , it will need too much distance from the ground glass. The 250D may work with the rails provided.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods