DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   EX3 and Letus Ultimate (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/125343-ex3-letus-ultimate.html)

Inari Saiga July 5th, 2008 12:46 PM

EX3 and Letus Ultimate

Will the Letus Ultimate attach directly to the EX3 lense mount out of the box, or will a special adapter be needed? In other words, I'm talking about removing the camera stock lense and attaching the Letus Ultimate directly to the camera's body. Is an adapter needed for this or can the Letus Ultimate do this out of box?

Leonard Levy July 5th, 2008 01:03 PM

You will need a special relay adapter that is in the works from Letus for both the EX-1 and the traditional 2/3" B4 mount, but it will not be cheap. Preliminary estimates were that it might be as much as the adapter. ( I hope not though.)

Lenny Levy

Inari Saiga July 5th, 2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonard Levy (Post 903439)
You will need a special relay adapter that is in the works from Letus for both the EX-1 and the traditional 2/3" B4 mount, but it will not be cheap. Preliminary estimates were that it might be as much as the adapter. ( I hope not though.)

Lenny Levy

So to mount the Ultimate directly to the EX3 camera body I will need a special relay adapter? Therefore, I will have to pay several more grand for the adaptor to mount directly to the body? At that point the Ultimate will cost damn near as much as the camera if I understand you correctly.

Dean Harrington July 5th, 2008 04:58 PM

you could ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inari Saiga (Post 903486)
So to mount the Ultimate directly to the EX3 camera body I will need a special relay adapter? Therefore, I will have to pay several more grand for the adaptor to mount directly to the body? At that point the Ultimate will cost damn near as much as the camera if I understand you correctly.

simply connect the adaptor directly to the camera or go for the SG Blade ... similar to the ultimate and much less expensive!

Leonard Levy July 5th, 2008 05:31 PM

You can still mount it to the front of the lens as one would now, but you are correct, to mount it directly to the camera it may cost as much as the camera itself. Won't know for sure till the prices come out though.

There will probably be other cheaper alternatives. Brevis is working on a relay as well, and perhaps the SGPro will come out with one.

Tim Polster July 6th, 2008 07:45 AM

The pricing of the Ultimate version really takes it outside of the handicam size market.

Especially with a removeable lens camera.

For the extra $9,000 (including relay) one would be in the range of a 2/3" chip camera where the need for an adaptor is diminished.

Kind of chasing your tail imho.

Kakhaber Mshvidobadze September 24th, 2008 01:23 AM

hello everyone, i wonder rouhly price of Letus new adapter with b4 mount :)

Dean Harrington September 24th, 2008 01:35 AM

go to ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakhaber Mshvidobadze (Post 942165)
hello everyone, i wonder rouhly price of Letus new adapter with b4 mount :)

Let Us Discuss Letus - The Digital Video Information Network

Phil Bloom September 28th, 2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Polster (Post 903645)
The pricing of the Ultimate version really takes it outside of the handicam size market.

Especially with a removeable lens camera.

For the extra $9,000 (including relay) one would be in the range of a 2/3" chip camera where the need for an adaptor is diminished.

Kind of chasing your tail imho.

still a massive difference between 2/3" and 35mm. Also a full HD 2/3" chip camera with HD lens is a hell of a lot more expensive that $9000 + ex3.

Letus are going for the pro rental market with this. The glass they are using for the relay I understand is REALLY high quality, as it needs to be. They used a cheap minolta lens for their old XL and JVC relays and the quality was awful. They won't make that mistake again!