EX3 and Letus Ultimate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 5th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #1
New Boot

EX3 and Letus Ultimate

Will the Letus Ultimate attach directly to the EX3 lense mount out of the box, or will a special adapter be needed? In other words, I'm talking about removing the camera stock lense and attaching the Letus Ultimate directly to the camera's body. Is an adapter needed for this or can the Letus Ultimate do this out of box?
Inari Saiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #2
Trustee

You will need a special relay adapter that is in the works from Letus for both the EX-1 and the traditional 2/3" B4 mount, but it will not be cheap. Preliminary estimates were that it might be as much as the adapter. ( I hope not though.)

Lenny Levy
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Levy View Post
You will need a special relay adapter that is in the works from Letus for both the EX-1 and the traditional 2/3" B4 mount, but it will not be cheap. Preliminary estimates were that it might be as much as the adapter. ( I hope not though.)

Lenny Levy
So to mount the Ultimate directly to the EX3 camera body I will need a special relay adapter? Therefore, I will have to pay several more grand for the adaptor to mount directly to the body? At that point the Ultimate will cost damn near as much as the camera if I understand you correctly.
Inari Saiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #4
Major Player

you could ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inari Saiga View Post
So to mount the Ultimate directly to the EX3 camera body I will need a special relay adapter? Therefore, I will have to pay several more grand for the adaptor to mount directly to the body? At that point the Ultimate will cost damn near as much as the camera if I understand you correctly.
simply connect the adaptor directly to the camera or go for the SG Blade ... similar to the ultimate and much less expensive!
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 05:31 PM   #5
Trustee

You can still mount it to the front of the lens as one would now, but you are correct, to mount it directly to the camera it may cost as much as the camera itself. Won't know for sure till the prices come out though.

There will probably be other cheaper alternatives. Brevis is working on a relay as well, and perhaps the SGPro will come out with one.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 07:45 AM   #6
Inner Circle

The pricing of the Ultimate version really takes it outside of the handicam size market.

Especially with a removeable lens camera.

For the extra $9,000 (including relay) one would be in the range of a 2/3" chip camera where the need for an adaptor is diminished.

Kind of chasing your tail imho.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:23 AM   #7
New Boot

hello everyone, i wonder rouhly price of Letus new adapter with b4 mount :)
Kakhaber Mshvidobadze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #8
Major Player

go to ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakhaber Mshvidobadze View Post
hello everyone, i wonder rouhly price of Letus new adapter with b4 mount :)
Let Us Discuss Letus - The Digital Video Information Network
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Polster View Post
The pricing of the Ultimate version really takes it outside of the handicam size market.

Especially with a removeable lens camera.

For the extra $9,000 (including relay) one would be in the range of a 2/3" chip camera where the need for an adaptor is diminished.

Kind of chasing your tail imho.
still a massive difference between 2/3" and 35mm. Also a full HD 2/3" chip camera with HD lens is a hell of a lot more expensive that $9000 + ex3.

Letus are going for the pro rental market with this. The glass they are using for the relay I understand is REALLY high quality, as it needs to be. They used a cheap minolta lens for their old XL and JVC relays and the quality was awful. They won't make that mistake again!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods