Just bought a 24mm at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 10th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #1
Major Player

Just bought a 24mm

Hi everyone,
so i just bought a 24mm 2.8 canon fd mount lens, and i have no idea why i did it...
I already have a 28mm 2.8, was this a complete mistake or is there someone out there that will make me feel better about what i just dropped 40 bucks on...
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:36 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Feel better.

The reason why I have not bought an f1.8 is that I have been too cheap to go hunting for one and I have it covered by a zoom right now albeit a little soft. The difference between 24mm and 28mm is a subtle one but may be that little edge you may need for a special situation. The next wider is the Sigma f1.8 20mm as far as I know.

If you are inclined to take care in composing your shots, doing creative stuff with perspective differences between wide lenses you find use for it sooner or later.

(The twins of genius and insanity were said to be with him but sanity took fright and went back home.).

Last edited by Bob Hart; August 10th, 2008 at 04:37 AM. Reason: added foolishness
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 05:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

also, I prefer my 24mm 2.8 to a 28mm 2.8 FD I borrowed, because it has six apperture blades (mixes better with my other 8 blade lenses) and a lens design, that closely resembles its bigger brother, the expensive 24mm 2.0.

Your 28mm 2.8 may get dusty, I think. Thomas
Thomas Richter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods