Nikon E-series w/ Letus? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Nikon E-series w/ Letus?

I am looking for an affordable 50mm lens for my Canon XH-A1/ LEX (nikon mount)combo and I came across some Nikon E-series lenses. Has anyone had experience with these lenses? Are they really inferior to other lenses? Thanks.
Tim Altonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I bought the 100mm Series E on recommendation of Steven Dempsey, and it is a great medium telephoto, and close up lens. Great prices and Also very light. I have not used any others.
Old September 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Inner Circle

The Nikon E series were made to be a budget line-up but most had a very good reputation. Having said that the price of Nikon MF lenses is relatively low these days, and especially something like a 50mm should be pretty cheap. The 50mm f1.8 is said to be one of the great all-time Nikons.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #4
Major Player

I use a 50mm 1.8f ESeries as well as a 135mm 2.8f ESeries and they work just fine. In contrast I also have a 28mm 3.5 Nikkor which although slow for adapter work also works well.

The only main differences I find is the weight of the ESeries are lighter (not a bad thing) which also suggests slightly less rugged, and that the aperture ring has a slightly plastic feel and less positive click to each fstop.

In terms of quality of the video I find no discernable differences either in sharpness or in WB of the lenses.
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks, I just bought a Nikon 50mm f1.8 e-series, a 28mm f2.8 e-series, and a 70-210mm f4 Zoom e-series. The 50mm works great, but I haven't got the other two yet. The best thing is that all three lenses cost me less then $130. Thanks again.
Tim Altonen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods