Making the OLD Letus35a New at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 8th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Making the OLD Letus35a New

About a month ago, I bought the flip module from Letus. My intention was to mount it to a new spinning adapter I was building. Things slowed a bit in that project, but yesterday, I got out my old Letus 35a, and mounted the flip adapter to it.

First, I had bought the flip adapter with a 72 mm thread (I bought the Brevis addition) and in order to match it to my 35a, I only had to screw it to the existing 72mm ring.

However, I had shot the Letus FE earlier this year, and noted when I had that open for a repair, that it had no condenser, and no additional achromat on it, so I figured I would have to pop out the achromat on my 35a, as well as remove the condenser. I did so, and took the set up mounted on my Sony FX1 out by the pool where my grandaughter was swimming, and shot this:

Adapter Test, Letus Flip with old Letus35a on Vimeo

I used my standard fall back Nikkor F 1.4 Nikkor, but I also used my Nikkor Series E 100mm, and a 135 mm Vivitar I bought for a few bucks, and finally the Vivitar 70-205 zoom.

Don't chide me on my focus. I didn't have a monitor, and was shooting a rather fast moving subject, but this test gives you some idea how the 35a can be resurrected using the Flip adapter from Letus.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods