Ebay DOF 35mm Adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Ebay DOF 35mm Adapter

So, I have been on the search for a 35mm adapter.
I've read a lot about the indian ones on ebay, and "you get what you paid for", but if people are just buying the m2 diy kit, isn't it work paying the extra $50 for them to build it?

I found a new guy, eBay Seller: bsumotivator: Cameras Photo items on eBay.com
Can anyone tell me if this is a good price for a DOF adapter, 72mm, for my xha1?
I'm willing to pay the extra $40-$50, more than the m2 diy kit, because it's already assembled.

I dont really feel like spending $1000 for a letus.

Are there any other cheap solutions?
I don't want to build one, because i know i'll somehow mess it up.
Old November 16th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Having built the DIY Redrock, or my version thereof, I can offer the following comments:

1. The M2 has a spinning disk ground glass, there is just a comment about their ground glass, but no reference to whether it is spinning or vibrating. Since you are going to the big box, spinning is better than ground glass in my opinion.

2. Achromat: one of the most important parts of the set up is the achromat. Most cameras need an achromat to allow the camera to focus close enough on the ground glass to get the best part of the thrown image... I doesn't sound like one is offered here.
Old November 17th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #3
Trustee

Do NOT buy. Poor diffusion, boxy and ungainly, you're better off investing in quality equipment. At least consider something more midrange...this is built-in-a-garage poor. Your XLH1 will hate it, and you will too.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods