DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Rod support alternatives? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/139021-rod-support-alternatives.html)

Bryan Wilkat December 5th, 2008 10:03 AM

Rod support alternatives?

Hey,

So naturally I'm looking to save a few bucks on rod support for a 35mm adapter and I came across these rod supports from those dudes in India on ebay.
Has anyone order these?
Universal Rod Support fr matte box and all DV / HDV Cam - (eBay.ca item 110320286302 end time 06-Dec-08 06:28:02 EST)

I'm familiar with the phrase "you get what you pay for" but I just don't feel like spending 500-700$ on rails, it ridiculous!

Or apart from these dudes, has anyone else found other affordable companies?
Thanks

Robert Batta December 5th, 2008 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yes I use without any problem...

and I have a ProDOF kit -A- (accessories)
with this rod support + mattebox and top handle for 35mm dof adapters and small cameras

check the pic

Ben Winter December 5th, 2008 09:30 PM

The link you provided on ebay appears to be a knock-off of the Cavision rod system design. I would be wary of buying an inferior product. Cavision is relatively inexpensive yet robust; I have a support system from them that cost maybe $200-250 and it is very adaptable.

Samuel Hinterlang December 7th, 2008 03:10 PM

You can get some 15mm stock aluminum if you want to save money on the rods and see about other ways to mount equipment to the rails.

I bought some 15mm stock when I was in Japan over the summer, since I had trouble finding that size in the US. That pipe cost me $10 for 4 one meter sections, which I cut to size.
I've always stuck by my personal feeling that spending over $100 on pipe just seems like a sucker punch.

Trevor Meeks December 7th, 2008 05:10 PM

Redrock Micro: Create the Cinema Experience

You'll be glad you did :)

Paul Joy December 15th, 2008 07:27 AM

I've just done a review of the Cinevate Proteus rails...

Cinevate Proteus rails | Paul Joy

Marcel D. Van Someren December 16th, 2008 07:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Joy (Post 978344)
I've just done a review of the Cinevate Proteus rails...

Cinevate Proteus rails | Paul Joy

I've tried accessing your review on 3 different computers in 3 different locations and get this error:

Paul Joy December 16th, 2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel D. Van Someren (Post 979014)
I've tried accessing your review on 3 different computers in 3 different locations and get this error:

Do you have add-ons turned off? It works fine for me in IE on the PC unless I run it in (no add-ons) mode.

regards

paul.

Marcel D. Van Someren December 16th, 2008 07:28 PM

Add-0ns are enable. All three computers have the default IE7 settings.

Paul Joy December 16th, 2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel D. Van Someren (Post 979406)
Add-0ns are enable. All three computers have the default IE7 settings.

Thanks for letting me know Marcel, much appreciated. After a bit of digging it seems the problem might be with an anti-spam plug-in or the image display script. I've disabled both for now, hopefully that will help.

I'll look at fixing the plug-ins tomorrow.

Paul.

Trevor Meeks December 17th, 2008 04:29 AM

Oh you silly people and your PCs + IE lol

Just messin' guys. Hope you get it figured out.