looking to buy the letus elite for my ex3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #1
Major Player

looking to buy the letus elite for my ex3

I am so lost when it comes to this world. normally I shoot news and corporate, but I am getting calls about commercials now, so I want to step up the image a bit, I have always wanted the letus rig, but could never justify it, until now.

I need help setting up a basic package, I know I need the letus elite (this is the one that allows for quicker back focus setup right?) and a rail system, but what else? I have the canon rebel xt, so I would love to get lenses I could use with that. but some searching has revealed to me that not having an apature ring is a pain. am I able to purchase a decent setup for under 3k? or do I have to bump the budget?

thanks.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #2
Major Player

I'm not familiar with the Rebel XT, but you will indeed want lenses with aperture rings--and also real 35mm lenses. I don't think the XT is 35mm (full frame). Will it accept 35mm lenses? I have a D90, which isn't full frame either, but it will accept my lenses--just increases their focal length.

I have a Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (around $500), Sigma 28mm 1.8 ($300), and Nikon 85mm 1.8 ($400). If I could afford to have all Zeiss I would, but as it is I just use the 50 as much as I can. The image quality isn't that much different, it's more the focus ring. A lot more play in the Zeiss.
Rob Collins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods