35mm Adapter help...PLEASE IM NEW!!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 16th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #16
Trustee

I'm guessing the Be-bob accessory he's talking about is this:

Coco-Ex - 14.4V Adapter for Sony PMW-EX1 HD-Camcorder

LENSES:
This is where I researched which Nikon lenses I wanted: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/nikkor.htm

This is where I bought them (used): KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More.

I purchased:

17-35mm f/2.8
50mm f/1.4
80-200mm f/2.8

These are all internal focus lenses which means the length doesn't change when you focus or zoom. This works well when you're using a matte box. Also, the zoom lenses all have a constant f-stop. This means that when you zoom in/out, the f-stop will remain the same. Other cheaper zoom lenses will list an f-stop range in their specs. This means that the you can't use f/2.8 at both 80mm and 200mm, the f-stop will change to something like f/5.6.

If you're an independent filmmaker than you might be able to get away with using "prime" lenses. Prime lenses mean that they are fixed focal length and you can't zoom, you have to change the lens to zoom in closer. For videography (corporate video, commercials, etc...) this is kind of impractical, as you'll be changing lenses all the time. This is why we went with zoom lenses.

Most people start with a 50mm f/1.4. That's what I would recommend.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods