IndiFocus Experiences at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 27th, 2009, 03:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

IndiFocus Experiences

Hi does anyone here have any purchasing experience with IndiFocus?

A few days ago I ordered and paid (via PayPal) for an IndiFocus FF setup, but I still havent received any confirmation (except from PayPal)... I have emailed them 2 times but nothing... Is this normal for this company? I hope so...

Such a shame as I wanted to order an IndiSlider too :(
Robb Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 04:37 AM   #2
Trustee

You might do a search about IndiFocus.
My experience with them was less than pleasant.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 05:38 AM   #3
Major Player

Oh well, Tim from Indisystems is a great guy byt as it seems to be one man business it might take few days for communication.

But I really don't know why people are buying Indifocus or Indirails or anything as there are more professional units out there for the same price - this Basic Mini Single Wheel Follow Focus is about $399

And you can order a coomplete one metre slider from igus® Inc: E-Chain Cable Carrier Systems®, iglide® plastic bearings, Chainflex® flexible cable, Drylin® linear guides and bearings, ReadyChain harnessed systems, igubal® spherical bearings, aluminum shafting for $100
There is a 38page thread about that ZaZa Igus slider on DVXuser.com :: The online Community for digital filmmaking DIY section.

Cheers,
T
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #4
Major Player

I've found that calling Tim at Indifocus is better than waiting for email response. At the time I purchased from them, prices from other manufacturers were much higher. These days, there are a lot of affordable choices.
Old April 4th, 2009, 03:29 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Tim replied to my second email a couple of days ago and assured me he is sending the FF this Saturday (today) and I should have it next week here in Australia... I will post again once I receive it.
Old April 7th, 2009, 05:40 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I received the Indifocus FF today. Was happy with the packing and the actual operation of the FF (no backlash, zero) but there was no focus stop in the box and the speed crank is nothing more than a 1/2 inch socket drive and a 5/16 allen key... :|

But the most important thing is that the FF works, and works well.

Cheers
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Cox View Post
Tim replied to my second email a couple of days ago and assured me he is sending the FF this Saturday (today) and I should have it next week here in Australia... I will post again once I receive it.
Good to know I'm not the only one with problems contacting Tim. It's been nearly 25 days since I ordered from him and after several emails, there's no word from him yet...
Mauricio DelaOrta is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods